PDA

View Full Version : Raise this river?

Bogatog
02-12-2004, 08:38 AM
Sat down recently, No reads yet.

Party Poker 3/6 (10 handed)
Bogatog has A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is EP2

UTG limps, Bogatog raises, MP2(poster) calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls

Flop(10 1/3 SB): 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, UTG checks, Bogatog bets, MP2 calls, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls

Turn(7 2/3 BB): 3/images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, UTG checks, Bogatog bets, MP2 calls, Button calls, BB folds, UTG raises, Bogatog 3-bets, MP2 folds, Button folds, UTG caps, Bogatog calls

River(17 2/3 BB): 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG bets, Bogatog calls

Bogatog
02-12-2004, 10:47 PM
Sorry for the shameless bump, I just would like to know how bad this was played. Thanks in advance.

Justaloser
02-12-2004, 11:35 PM
What hand do you put him on that you don't beat?

His action on the turn means a made hand, not a draw.

Either he hit his set of 3's or he waited til the turn to bet his set. Obviously there are many other possibilities, but a set or two pair are most likely, with a turned straight possible too.

The only hand you should fear at this point is 64, and if he's limping UTG with that, then you should be prepared to play with him all night long.

Raise the river, and don't be too upset if you split it.

At least, that's what I would do.

steveyz
02-13-2004, 12:48 AM
Just call the turn raise, and raise the river. What exactly do you think he'd check-raise the turn with that you could beat? Unless you know this guy to overplay top pair, just call the raise.

Bogatog
02-13-2004, 02:27 AM
Well, on the turn I figured I was behind but 3-bet to push out the 2 others. I realize that the safer play is to call his c/r and hope I improve on the river. I just thought that the raise would increase my chances of winning.

On the river I should have raised and immediately wished I had after I called. I somehow convinced myself that he might have had the flush or something to that effect.

Anyway, he showed me 64/images/graemlins/spade.gifs and my bad play on the river saved me money.

Thanks for the responses. Pretty much confirmed what I thought I did wrong.