PDA

View Full Version : clearing Stars and UB bonuses 5 tables at a time

MicroBob
02-12-2004, 07:47 AM
Bonuses are Fun!!!

i have $34.65 remaining on my UB bonus.
and i have 193 out of 600fpp left on my stars bonus.

i was playing 3 tables at UB and 2 at stars for awhile today mixing up 1/2 and 2/4. also mixed in some short-handed play when some players left but i still liked the fish that were left behind.
not really trying to keep the bonuses even.....so i found it kind of weird that i am almost exactly 2/3 of the way home on each of the bonuses.

results so far:
stars: about even (no bonus-dollars released yet of course)
ub: +340 (including the $66 bonus-dollars)

so much for my theory that stars may be getting fishier than ub. actually, i really think it's more a product of hitting some pretty friendly draws on ub....but the stars players are still tougher i think.

also determined that playing 5-tables of 1/2 and 2/4 really isn't TOO overwhelming. but it did keep me on my toes a few times....especially since one of the ub tables only had 4 players part of the time.
wasn't bothered by the speed though and only had an accidental fold due to timing out just once.

did the 5-table thing more as an experiment than anything else.

also played a stars 1-table 10+1 which was like a different universe after having played in so many party SNG's lately. finished 2nd somehow....but the bubble took forever to burst as i was up against some decent players (although probably too tight).

overall conclusions though remain that the players on these sites are still not nearly as fishy as party. although some of the play is pretty bad, it still isn't as blatantly or consistently awful as the party play.
if i am to play any of the stars or ub ring games following the clearing of the bonus it will most likely be as my 'extra 1/2' table while keeping 80-90% of my ring-play at party/empire.