PDA

View Full Version : Question?

kennyehh
02-12-2004, 03:23 AM
A friend and I just read the post earlier about Party Colluders, and we both agreed that these guys probably hurt themselves the most in the long run. But we need someone to settle an argument. We talked about soft collusion, like if two guys sat in the same room and just used eachothers cards for information, but no whipsawing and what not. Can this actually make much of a difference, say for someone who averages one BB per hour, would it bump him up at all? I think there was a post about this a while ago but I couldnt find it, thanks for the help.

Stu Pidasso
02-12-2004, 03:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
like if two guys sat in the same room and just used eachothers cards for information, but no whipsawing and what not. Can this actually make much of a difference

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have to ask this question, then the answer for you is it probably would not give you a huge edge.

Stu

kennyehh
02-12-2004, 03:41 AM
Thanks genius, that helped a lot. If you're going to post something so immature to prove how smart you are please dont bother at all, thank you. I didnt know that only pros were aloud to post here, was just looking for a straight answer, anybody?

Stu Pidasso
02-12-2004, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to post something so immature to prove how smart you are please dont bother at all, thank you. I didnt know that only pros were aloud to post here, was just looking for a straight answer, anybody?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your intentions may be completely innocent. However, If you ask for information in a public forum that would help you cheat, you should expect people to flip you a certain amount of [censored] over it.

Stu

HajiShirazu
02-12-2004, 04:04 AM
If two skilled players colluded, they could substantially increase their winrate. Even soft collusion could make a fairly substantial difference. Luckily, most of the Party colluders are both obvious and terrible poker players at the same time.

Stu Pidasso
02-12-2004, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If two skilled players colluded

[/ QUOTE ]

Skilled colluders might choose other games instead of limit holdem to practice thier craft.

Stu

BugsBunny
02-12-2004, 04:28 AM
I'm not sure if that's really fair - he wasn't asking fot info on how etc, just a flat out question. "Could this gain them a significant edge"?

And the answer is - if they know what they're doing then yes, it could.

Now where in that answer is there anything that would "help him cheat"? And in order for the how information to be useful he'd have to be able to play correctly in the first place.

Stu Pidasso
02-12-2004, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if that's really fair - he wasn't asking fot info on how etc, just a flat out question. "Could this gain them a significant edge"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you are right and I am just being a prick.

You can gain a signifcant advantage soft colluding, especially in NL games because you can know you have the nuts when you shouldn't know you have the nuts. Games like Omaha also lend themselves better to collusion becuase you have more cards hole cards(i.e. more information with which to collude). In omaha its can also be easier to hide the whipsawing.

Stu

LivingLegend58
02-12-2004, 07:11 AM
It would just help with odds a little better. Knowing weather or not some of the suit you need was folded, or any other draw.