PDA

View Full Version : Floor the accelerator?

Girchuck
02-11-2004, 10:42 PM
T /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif in SB, one rockish limper, somewhat aggressive button raises, I re-raise, BB folds, limper calls all

Flop is
9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet, limper calls, button raises, I re-raise (?), limper calls 2, button caps, I call and start worrying about my middle set.

The turn is 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif)

Great, now I can beat some more hands.

I bet, limper calls, button raises, I re-raise(?), and limper folds. However, button caps, I call with the third nuts. Now I am suddenly aware that my hand is only third nuts.

The river is 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif(9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif)

That changes nothing.

I bet, button raises, I re-raise, button caps, I call and

my hand is good,

Button had J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

In general, is it worth re-raising on the turn in this situation?

asdf1234
02-11-2004, 10:45 PM
I would have played it exactly the same, unless a very specific, very good read tells me differently.

haakee
02-11-2004, 11:40 PM
Yes, you've got to 3-bet the turn. He could be overplaying an overpair or QJ or something like that. You have to put a lot of money in before you can put him on JJ or 99.

Hallett
02-12-2004, 07:10 AM
Am I the only one who does not re-raise pre-flop with T-T? Seems a bit eager to me.... but nice hand!