PDA

View Full Version : Hands against an Ubermaniac

lunchmeat
02-11-2004, 04:42 PM
3/6 Paradise

Last night the biggest maniac I've ever seen was directly across the table from me. Preflop he was 80% raise, 10% call, 10% fold. Post-flop he'd jam with any pair, flush draw, straight draw, or 2 overcards, and he'd call with 1 overcard, a gutshot, or runner-runner draw. He ran a lot of naked bluffs too. I wasn't quite sure how to adjust to this guy. Here are some hands from the session that I wasn't too sure about.

Hand 1) All fold to maniac in MP who raises, folded to me, I fold Ac5d in BB.

Hand 2) EP calls, maniac raises in MP, MP2 calls, MP3 blind poster calls, I fold KJ on button.

Hand 3) EP calls, maniac raises in MP, folded to me, I fold Ad 9s in BB.

Hand 4) Maniac raises in MP, MP2 calls, I fold As4s on button.

Hand 5) UTG calls, EP calls, Maniac raises in MP, MP2 (loose, passive) calls, I call Kc,Qs in SB, UTG & EP call.

Flop: Kd, 7d, 2s

I check, UTG checks, EP bets, Maniac raises, MP2 calls, I check/raise,
UTG folds, EP calls, Maniac caps, MP2 calls, I call

Turn: As (Kd, 7d, 2s)

I check, EP checks, Maniac bets, MP2 raises, I fold

Hand 6) UTG calls, EP raises, Maniac calls, I fold 10h 6h in BB

Hand 7) EP calls, Maniac calls, MP2 calls, I call in SB with Ad Qd, BB checks

Flop: Jc 6s 4s

Checked to EP who bets, Maniac raises, MP2 folds, I fold

pudley4
02-11-2004, 05:02 PM
If you get heads up with him, you want to get to the showdown if you have A high or better.

Hand 1 - call preflop. Check-call him down.

Hand 3 - if EP will fold to a preflop 3bet, then 3bet. Otherwise call and check the flop (looking to checkraise)

When you have multiple opponents, you normally need to have a real hand. The rest of your hands seem fine (although I'd raise preflop in Hand 7)

Glurfle
02-11-2004, 08:44 PM
I can't imagine folding any Ace from the BB heads-up against a maniac. If the table let me get away with it, I'd 3-bet any A and any pair every time the maniac open-raised and it was folded to me. In any case, at the very least I'd call in Hand 1 and check-call the maniac down. In Hand 3, if 3-betting might drop EP, I'd definitely do that.