PDA

View Full Version : a floor ruling that I wondered about.

Schmed
02-11-2004, 03:55 PM
the dealer turned and burned the turn card before the button had a chance to bet the flop. The floor was called over and told him to "complete the turn", then allowed the turn betting, then shuffled the card back in the deck for the river.

I always thought that the card was shuffled back in for the turn as well. Now the guy with the flush that hit loses one of his outs for the turn but get's it back for the river. It seems wrong that the card shouldn't be put back in the deck right there.

CrackerZack
02-11-2004, 04:35 PM
Do they turn before they burn? does that make any sense? I don't really understand what you're saying happened here, but assuming the turn was shown prematurely, they take the premature turn card out of play, let action complete, burn again, turn what would've been the river to become the turn, and reshuffle. Then deal the river with no burn. This keeps the board 80% in tact while fixing the mistake.

ohkanada
02-11-2004, 04:59 PM
The bottom line is the new turn card is (assuming they did it right) what the river would have been if there was no mistake. The river is dealt using the shuffled deck and has an equal chance of being what originally came up as the turn and any other card.

Ken Poklitar

Schmed
02-11-2004, 05:30 PM
thanks both of y'all. Yeah I know it wasn't clear what I wrote but the turn was premature and I guess when thinking about it then the river card becomes the turn and the card that came up has an equal chance to come on the river.

Thanks

youtalkfunny
02-12-2004, 05:40 AM
"Don't shuffle now! Don't disturb the river card that I'm SUPPOSED to get!!"

You're not SUPPOSED to get anything but a random card! Shuffling now won't change that--you'll still get a random card!

"But I may not get the one I'm SUPPOSED to get! Don't you see that?"

(grrr....people!)