PDA

View Full Version : First hand history post. JJ in the SB

Gonzoman
02-11-2004, 03:04 PM
Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
Hero has J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif and is SB

UTG limps, EP2 limps, MP3 raises, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, EP2 calls

Flop(10 SB): 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, EP2 bets, MP3 raises, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, UTG calls, EP2 calls, MP3 calls

Turn(11 BB): 2/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets, UTG raises, EP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls

I'll post the rest a little later as I don't want to skew the advice here. I was wondering about my play on all 3 streets here. I had just sat down, so I didn't have any reads on the players involved.

Bob T.
02-11-2004, 03:34 PM
Being directly after the raiser, I would have threebet the preflop to put maximum pressure on the limpers.

I like your threebet on the flop, but it is real scary, when UTG, coldcalls three on the flop.

On the turn, I would bet out, but I like my hand very little when UTG raises. I check/call 1 bet for the rest of the hand, and expect to get shown a set from UTG.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Gonzoman
02-11-2004, 10:14 PM
Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
Hero has J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif and is SB

UTG limps, EP2 limps, MP3 raises, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, EP2 calls

Flop(10 SB): 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, EP2 bets, MP3 raises, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, UTG calls, EP2 calls, MP3 calls

Turn(11 BB): 2/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets, UTG raises, EP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls

River(19 BB): J/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero checks, UTG bets, EP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero raises, UTG 3-bets, MP3 folds, Hero caps, UTG calls

I figured only an idiot... I mean a buddy would call with 43 UTG, so I capped since I didn't have to worry about a reraise. UTG made it to my buddy list, but fortunately he held 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and MHIG.

Irishboy
02-11-2004, 11:25 PM
I would have 3 bet pre-flop. I think JJ is the type of hand you want to play very strong against very few opponents or limp in against a bunch of people in hopes of hitting a set. A 3 bet will increase the possiblity that you will be heads up against the first raiser. Your worst nightmare with JJ is playing 3 others.