PDA

View Full Version : Full Table SnG vs HeadsUp SnG?

Wayne
02-11-2004, 01:47 PM
For a decent player, which has a better ROI?

Because of the problems at Party, I switched to UB. UB has the heads-up SnGs which I used to play a long time ago. I played 4 and won all 4. Obviously an insignificant sample, but I had fun doing it.

I'm running at 35-40% ROI for my $10 10-player SnG's. Is it possible to do this well at HU SnGs? The HU games go much faster, but are almost impossible to play multiple at once.

Bozeman
02-11-2004, 02:20 PM
In terms of ROI, full table is better. In terms of $/time, they are closer, and which is better will depend on quality of opponents and your style.

Craig

Wayne
02-11-2004, 02:58 PM
I did the math. To get a 40% ROI, I'd need to win 70% of my HU SnGs. This MIGHT be possible at the lowest level, but it seems high.

But since the HU finishes much faster, I'd be happy with a lower ROI. Hmmmm. Maybe I need to spend a few nights playing HU to see how well it goes.

allenciox
02-12-2004, 12:58 PM
I just recently started playing the Heads Up SNGs on Paradise. A typical one takes about 1/4 of the time of a 10-player SNG. It's early, but so far I have found the $20+1 quite profitable:

10 wins, 2 losses

but have not fared as well at $50+2.5:

0 wins, 2 losses.

I find the players at the $20 level to be quite weak tight, at $50 much more aggressive --- they are very good players.

I generally play $50 10-player SNGs at Party at a 27% ROI (one table at a time) --- to get the same payback per hour on the $20 1 on 1 SNGs I would need to win at least 5/8 (62.5%) of the time. Is this possible over the long run?