PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Poker Site Cheating ??

charlie_t_jr
02-11-2004, 12:56 PM
This morning playing Party 1/2. River comes 7, and winner shows pocket 7's. Another player comments he had folded pocket 7's earlier in hand. No one made a comment, so finally I said if he was serious, a floorperson shoudld be contacted.

He said he was very serious...but that it didn't really matter to him. No other comments were made, and the guy who won soon left table. One other note, this guy had been playing a lot of suited trash, and hit several small flushes and trashy 2 of kinds that held up. Cheating? doubtful...curious??? yes...

I tried to contact Party floorperson...stayed on for about 35-40 minutes and never got a response....

Cheating??? Sore loser??

scotnt73
02-11-2004, 12:59 PM
so a guy SAYS he had 77 too but hes not that worried about it and keeps playing. whatever.

daryn
02-11-2004, 01:02 PM
i know the education system in alabama isn't the greatest but come on now..

TheGrifter
02-11-2004, 01:03 PM

CrackerZack
02-11-2004, 01:03 PM
Wow. I just laughed so hard I blew snot all over my wrist guard. Real gross. Real funny.

Abe
02-11-2004, 01:10 PM
The guy who folded the 77 earlier in the hand had a real good pattern map. And -- he knew the other guy had pocket 7's also. He knew he was playing for a split pot when the fifth 7 spiked on the river. So he folded early.

Its a standard play.

daryn
02-11-2004, 01:12 PM
wrist guard eh? do you work with electronics?

tiltboy
02-11-2004, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i know the education system in alabama isn't the greatest but come on now..

[/ QUOTE ]
At least during my time in the Alabama education system we were taught how to punctuate properly.

daryn
02-11-2004, 01:30 PM
did i make some error? enlighten me please mr. alabama

TheGrifter
02-11-2004, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At least during my time in the Alabama education system we were taught how to punctuate properly.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're confused. They don't get to punctuation in Alabama until Grad. School.

daryn
02-11-2004, 01:39 PM
now this is good.

ArchAngel71857
02-11-2004, 01:43 PM
enlighten me please mr. alabama

Mr. Alabama is Russ Yeager (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/russ3bbig.jpg) .

-AA

Bluff1
02-11-2004, 01:46 PM
[/ QUOTE ]
You're confused. They don't get to punctuation in Alabama until Grad. School.

[/ QUOTE ]

People in Boston worry more about curses than anything else. So for daryn to use punctuation would be silly because it might lead to yet another victory for the Yankees.

Obviously, wherever Grifter went to school they never learned punctuation at any level. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The whole reply is all in fun btw. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TheGrifter
02-11-2004, 01:52 PM
I can't even speel punkshooasian.

Slacker13
02-11-2004, 02:06 PM
Didn't you know? Deuces are wild!

daryn
02-11-2004, 02:07 PM
am i really not using punctuation? i hope you're not talking about my non-capital style.

Bluff1
02-11-2004, 02:18 PM
Doh

I guess my Alabama GED isn't as good as I thought it was.

charlie_t_jr
02-11-2004, 02:20 PM
...of someone who has nothing meaningful to add, just insults...thanks a bunch.

Original post, a stupid question?...maybe so...but with all the conspiracy theories being posted, I thought I'd pass along what happenned...NEVER MIND!

By the way not originally from AL...but you might be surprised at their education system...if you could get your nose out of the air long enough to look around.

daryn
02-11-2004, 02:30 PM
sorry, didn't know you coudln't take a joke.

as for the alabama education system.. you're right, i might be surprised... but probably not. aren't they consistenly 49th or 50th in the US by state?

i rest my case.

Bluff1
02-11-2004, 02:31 PM
Charlie don't worry about the people bashing it's usually all in fun. But I must disagree with you one thing, Alabama's education system is crap. We couldn't even pass a tax plan that would have helped us out greatly. It will only get worse and I think Alabama will stay at the bottom in education for a very long time.

pudley4
02-11-2004, 02:32 PM
Alabama is a whopping 41st (http://www.morganquitno.com/edrank.htm)

DcifrThs
02-11-2004, 02:33 PM
"Computer, kill flanders...ok now finish the job!"

daryn
02-11-2004, 02:35 PM
up 9 spots.. impressive /images/graemlins/grin.gif

by the way, 5 new england states in the top 10.. coincidence?

Bluff1
02-11-2004, 02:51 PM
New England states will always be at the top. People in Alabama care more about football than education.

TheGrifter
02-11-2004, 02:54 PM
Yeah...but can any best of ranking that includes Maine and New Jersey in the top 5 really be valid?

charlie_t_jr
02-11-2004, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Charlie don't worry about the people bashing it's usually all in fun. But I must disagree with you one thing, Alabama's education system is crap. We couldn't even pass a tax plan that would have helped us out greatly. It will only get worse and I think Alabama will stay at the bottom in education for a very long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is not the place to discuss this...but the tax plan was rightfully voted down by the good folks of AL. Montgomery and the state education bureaucracy are killing the system.

Thankfully, there are "local" schools that have good teachers, supplies, etc, because of local involvment from community...and thankfully my children belong to such a system.

As far as jokes and thin skin...daryn and the rest...no problem. It just seems a southern twang is an easy target!

daryn
02-11-2004, 03:02 PM
in all seriousness my intent is not to offend anyone, and i apologize. welcome to the forum.

scotnt73
02-11-2004, 03:06 PM
smae here. im from texas. and i still refer to 8th grade as my senior year. /images/graemlins/grin.gif welcome to the forums.

tiltboy
02-12-2004, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
did i make some error? enlighten me please mr. alabama

[/ QUOTE ]
Well for starters, don't they teach you to end sentences with a period or some other appropriate punctuation mark up there in Basten?

daryn
02-12-2004, 02:06 PM
oops i didn't know it was crucial to the meaning of a sentence. obviously one's intelligence can be gleaned from whether or not their finger strikes some "." key.

tiltboy
02-12-2004, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
in all seriousness my intent is not to offend anyone, and i apologize. welcome to the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
Likewise Daryn I'm just poking a bit of fun at you; no hard feelings, okay? I'm fully aware of the state of the education system here in Alabama--I see these kids up close and personal every day in class. Consequently, I spend a good portion of my hard-earned salary to send my girls to private school. However, I was also educated by that same public education system up through undergraduate and so far it has served me pretty well. It certaintly didn't slow me down in grad school or keep me from passing the CPA exam compared to students from other public or private education systems. Of course, I'm from the school of thought that a good portion of what you learn in this life that is useful you will teach yourself. Formal education is there to instill in you the desire to continue life-long learning.

tiltboy
02-12-2004, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
oops i didn't know it was crucial to the meaning of a sentence. obviously one's intelligence can be gleaned from whether or not their finger strikes some "." key.

[/ QUOTE ]
Last comment on this thread, I promise. You asked if you made a punctuation error. I pointed one out. Now you are changing the subject to whether or not this is a reflection on your intelligence. Can we just stick to one subject?

daryn
02-12-2004, 02:13 PM
right, i am not offended of course. let the games resume!

daryn
02-12-2004, 02:15 PM
ok then to stick to your topic, yes i make many punctuation errors, and even more missed capitalizations.