PDA

View Full Version : fun hand against a straddler

Schmed
02-11-2004, 10:28 AM
ya know I hate a straddler, /images/graemlins/mad.gif I love to punish them , so when someone straddles I really want to raise them.

6-12 full table I'm on the button and Straddle-boy decides to pull the slot machine handle and straddle.

2 callers to me, I look down and see A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif j /images/graemlins/club.gif I raise, SB folds, all call to the guy on my right who lag raises, (he's another slot machine player), I call. 4 to the flop.

Flop

A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Straddler bets, two callers, I raise, straddler calls, call, call

Turn

6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

checked to me I bet. Straddler calls, 2 callers call.

River

5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to me I bet, 3 callers, I show, Straddler shows 3 9o, ep 99, lp A7, I drag a huge pot /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thoughts,

Well like I said I hate a straddler and when I looked down saw the AJo with two callers and a true believer to me it was time to bring it up. The SB pissed and moaned after that hand because he said he had the A6 and would have called the straddle..... I would have told him I was sorry....but I wasn't..... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was a little afraid of AQ because these aren't the type of players to raise up AQ in that situation. I thought the lag raiser could have had it but there was no way I was giving him credit for it.

I don't know that I'm always bringing in AJo for a raise with 2 callers but this hand may be a good example of why you should. The SB had the A6 and would have caught a FH.