PDA

View Full Version : Why?

Lori
02-11-2004, 09:26 AM
I'm currently on a table where I've been for 20 mins.

It is only 1/2, but the reasoning applies in here.

The table is full, I am runninng a 66% flops seen and I'm +11 BB.
I am not getting dealt very good starters.

Why am I doing this?

Lori

Joe Tall
02-11-2004, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why am I doing this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea why you are not posting this in the micro-limit forum, sorry. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Peace,
Joe Tall

Lori
02-11-2004, 09:32 AM
Grrrr! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

I have done exactly this before in 2/4 if that makes you feel better /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Edit: Yes I did get the joke /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Lori

Trix
02-11-2004, 09:34 AM
Cuz the table is tight enough to do this.
At my last 1/2 table I had 20% seen, 15% hands won,100% showdowns,54% wins if flop seen. Pretty good session eh?

Joe Tall
02-11-2004, 09:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have done exactly this before in 2/4 if that makes you feel better

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that makes me feel worse as you'll bleed at a higher rate/hr at 2/4 than 1/2.

You must have a massively passive table preflop and are getting some decent cards or are just bored and playing like a LAG.

Which is it?

EDIT: Are you seeing 66% of the flops or is your table?

Peace,
Joe Tall

Festus22
02-11-2004, 09:35 AM
1. You're caught up in the herd mentality - playing down to the level of your opponents.

2. The players are so bad you don't want to miss a chance to outplay them post flop.

3. The limits don't mean anything to you so you're just gambling for fun.

4. You're blowing off steam.

5. You misread the % Flops seen number - you're actually playing 34% of the hands.

6. You've been shunned from the Zoo and you're trying to get enough posts in the SS Forum to play on the winning team.

7. You're running an experiment to see how the other side lives.

That's about all I could come up with.

Joe Tall
02-11-2004, 09:42 AM
I think I get it...

You sat the game and waited for your BB. You posted your BB and saw the flop cheaply, winning the hand. You then completed your SB, winning the hand. You then folded your button and sat out to post this.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Lori
02-11-2004, 09:50 AM
6. You've been shunned from the Zoo and you're trying to get enough posts in the SS Forum to play on the winning team.

If I get shunned from the zoo, I'd still never be able to bring myself to be able to play for SS.

3. The limits don't mean anything to you so you're just gambling for fun.

4. You're blowing off steam

Good answers, but I'd find a .01/.02 table to do this at if I felt that way inclined.

2. The players are so bad you don't want to miss a chance to outplay them post flop

Kind of.

One of the guys is a maniac of the highest order, the rest of the table are (were, they are working it out now) the tightest players I've seen in some time.

I was getting involved with any half decent hand (K8o, Q2s) against the maniac for 2 bets, and getting heads up in most of those pots.

I then either missed the flop and folded or hit something and won a monster.
I think this was the best strategy.

Comments?

Lori