PDA

View Full Version : keep betting when you think you're beat by two pair?

brick
02-11-2004, 04:14 AM
Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
Mr. Brick has K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is MP1

Mr. Brick raises, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls

Flop(10 SB): J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, BB bets, Mr. Brick raises, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB 3-bets, Mr. Brick caps, CO calls, BB calls

Turn(11 BB): 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, Mr. Brick bets, CO calls, BB calls

River(14 BB): 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, Mr. Brick bets, CO calls, BB calls

When the BB 3-bet me on the flop I figured him for 2 pair.
Is it correct to stay aggresive?
When he didn't bet (or check raise the turn) I knew he didn't have trips.
Stay aggressive or check it through on the turn?

daveymck
02-11-2004, 06:02 AM
I think it maybe comes down to reads on the player, I have seen people somtimes play this way with a flush draw jamming the pot early hoping to hit, I have also seen it with an overpair QQ-AA's so you are not definatley behind.

Had he raised you on the turn then I think you have to slow down or muck but you cant give a free card if he is drawing.

Personally I think you played it fine (unless you know the player and he would only three bet with more than tptk).

Webster
02-11-2004, 08:20 AM
With only 1 pair and someone bets into me after I've shown strength I become passive. There is NORMALLY a reason a person bets into strength.

It's either a bluff OR they have a hand. I person has to PROVE they are a bluffer before I take them seriously - THUS - they have a hand.

The 3-Bet would make me REAL passive. Remember - it's ONLY 1 pair!