PDA

View Full Version : AK: standard?

Nate tha' Great
02-11-2004, 02:32 AM
This might be routine. I'm trying to get better about making tactical 3-bets. Note that I believe MP raises a bit light.

Party Poker 10/20 (6 handed)
NateThaGreat has A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is CO

MP1 raises, NateThaGreat 3-bets, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 calls

Flop(10 1/2 SB): 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

MP1 bets, NateThaGreat raises, Button folds, MP1 calls

Turn(7 1/4 BB): T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

MP1 checks, NateThaGreat checks

River(7 1/4 BB): 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif

MP1 bets, NateThaGreat calls

stripsqueez
02-11-2004, 04:38 AM
i think its routine - i suppose against an opponent you have a decent view of you could fold the river

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

eugeneel
02-11-2004, 08:58 AM
yeah normal/good play

Vazh
02-11-2004, 10:15 AM
Do you usually make this call on the river? I'm sure it depends on the player, but in general (against a player you don't have a great read on)? I have been making this flop bet/raise to get the free river but have been folding if I don't improve.

daryn
02-11-2004, 10:23 AM
if you plan on calling the river if he bets, why not bet the turn and give him a chance to fold? then you can check behind on the river.

Nate tha' Great
02-11-2004, 01:46 PM
Well, I didn't think that he'd fold a hand that was ahead of mine. But, in retrospect, I think that I might have had a value bet on the turn. It looks like he's taking a stab at a raggy-looking flop with overcards; a pocket pair would usually have 3-bet the flop and/or bet out on the turn. And I have the nut overcards.

It's a different situation than if, say, the flop came Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, and I had more reason to suspect that that I might be behind, but I had enough outs and sensed enough tentativeness in my opponent that a free card play would be in order.

James282
02-11-2004, 01:53 PM
You don't bet the turn because you don't want to get check-raised. If you are already ahead then he probably has 6 or less outs to beat you, and if you are behind, you probably have 6 outs. Your hand has showdown value and folding to a check-raise would suck since you could showdown for the same amount.
-James

nykenny
02-11-2004, 03:18 PM
even though this is in my standard bag of tricks too, but i still prefer betting turn and check river, unless i fear the turn C/R very much.

Kenny