PDA

View Full Version : KQs in the SB

Irishboy
02-10-2004, 11:33 PM
2/4 Paradise - 7 players

I'm on my first orbit so I'm unsure of player tendencies.

K /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif

EP1 limps, EP2 limps, MP raises, CO cold calls, I call, BB calls, EP's call.

12 small bets to the flop

Flop 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checks around to MP (original raiser) he bets, everyone except EP2 calls. 17 small bets to turn.

Turn 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif WOOHOO!!!

Check raise time....

Everyone checks to the original raiser, he bets, CO calls, I raise, 2 folds, MP and CO call.

14 1/2 BB to river.

River - 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, MP raises, CO folds, I call.

SGS
02-10-2004, 11:38 PM

maurile
02-11-2004, 12:18 AM
The problem with betting out on the flop, IMO, is that it makes it very difficult for the players between you and the pre-flop raiser to call. There's a decent chance the pre-flop raiser will raise on the flop, so EP1 and EP2 know they could end up getting trapped for two bets; they are therefore more likely to fold. (And the players behind the MP are also more likely to fold to two bets, of course.)

You want to keep people in on the flop, and I think a check-call accomplishes that better than leading out.

SGS
02-11-2004, 12:35 AM
I bet out on the flop because I want to trap the two EP's for multiple bets. People who play on these tables generally do not think about the action behind them. The fact that there is a pre-flop raiser still to act is probably not going to influence wether or not the average low-limit player calls. So I figure the two EP's will call my bet the pre-flop raiser raises and they then call his raise. Or at least that is my plan... I don't know if it would have worked out like that.

Irishboy
02-11-2004, 09:45 AM
I know the "rule of thumb" is to fold or reraise in the SB, but with this many callers with a big suited connector that plays well in multi-way pots, I called.

BTW, MP had pocket 77 and I lost to the boat.

Trix
02-11-2004, 09:47 AM
Ill bet the flop, since there is a good chance that you can trap all the people between you for two bets.