PDA

View Full Version : KQo from EP3

Irishboy
02-10-2004, 11:22 PM
I am playing 3 tables at once so I'm unsure about any of the player's tendencies.

I have K /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif

EP1 raises, fold, I call in EP3, all fold
Flop Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

EP1 bets, I raise, EP calls.

Turn 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

He checks, I bet, He raises, I call.

River 4/images/graemlins/club.gif

He bets, I call

results to follow

Dylan Wade
02-10-2004, 11:38 PM
Fold preflop 100% of the time. Unless you specifically know this guy is a maniac and the players behind you would respect your re-raise, you have a clear fold. A lot of players refuse to fold their marginal (KQo) hands in EP, but you should certainly have the good sense to fold them in EP against a raise. Hands like KQ KJ AT AQ AJ 88, suited or not, can't survive an UTG raise from a typical player.

This hand was difficult for you to play because of poor pre-flop judgement. Try not to make mistakes like this pre-flop and your post flop decisons will be much easier. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

maurile
02-10-2004, 11:44 PM
Hands EP1 is likely raising with:

AA, KK, AK, AQ, QQ, JJ or TT. Maybe AJ or 99 (if he's very aggressive or if the rest of the table is very tight).

Your KQ doesn't play well against any of those hands. It's a huge dog to most of them, and a slight dog to the rest. Throw it away. (The pot could also get reraised by one of the seven players still left to act.)