PDA

View Full Version : Who's affraid of the big bad 2's...

Mangatang
02-10-2004, 10:04 PM
Tra la la la la la.

$2-4, loose/passive on-line.

I have Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif in MP. One limper to me, I limp also, two limpers after me, and BB checks.

Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, BB bets out (I'm thinking that BB wouldn't bet out a set, he's the type to slowplay it), so I raise, one LP cold-calls, the last folds, and BB calls.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, BB bets out again (uh oh), I call, then LP raises (double uh oh), and we both call.

River: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, check, check, LP bets, BB and I both call.

What should I have done differently? I feel I should have gotten out after the turn raise from LP.

By the way, LP took it down with 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

steveyz
02-10-2004, 10:20 PM
With no flush or straight draw possible, the cold-call from the LP is the tell-tale sign that he's slowplaying trips. I'd probably fold to the raise on the turn (and maybe even fold to BB betting out again). It's possible that LP is being tricky with a jack but that's unlikely, and I don't think you're getting the odds for your 2-outer.

Robk
02-10-2004, 10:41 PM
I would routinely fold to the turn raise as the pot is small and you're against multiple opponents. They don't have to have a 2 to beat you here; if you had AJ it might be closer.

joker122
02-10-2004, 10:50 PM
He might slowplay a set, but he doesn't have a set, he has trips. I don't usually slowplay trips because if the board pairs again I'll have the "sucker full house."

bunky9590
02-10-2004, 11:07 PM
LP cold called two with no str8 or flush draw,

"warning bells are ringing"

Looks like a 2 to me. Although the BB bet after the smoothcall looks like a slowplay as well.

Man, I don't like the way that shook down at all.