PDA

View Full Version : Follding AA on the flop...

Catch of the Day
02-10-2004, 09:49 PM
2/4 party

Catch is dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gif, A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in Mp1, UTG calls and its folded to Catch who raises. LMP calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls. (10sb)

Flop: {4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J /images/graemlins/spade.gif, J /images/graemlins/heart.gif}

SB bets, BB and UTG fold, Catch (who has seen prettier flops) raises, LMP calls, SS 3 bets, Catch is pissed and calls, LMP CAPS, (?this is when I know I am behind?)Catch calls...(11BB)

Turn 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif {4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J /images/graemlins/spade.gif, J /images/graemlins/heart.gif)

SB Bets, Catch thinks for awhile and then lays it down...

LMP raises, SB re-raises, LMP calls.

River A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I am wondering a few things here. Did I leak any bets? Should I have just called the flop? I understand that this is pretty straight-foreward but I just wasn't really happy with how I played it.

I never limp re-raise with AA could this have been on okay play here...???

steveyz
02-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Typical Party 2/4 tables aren't aggressive enough to try for a limp-reraise, esp from MP after 1 limper. And I don't see how a limp-reraise would have helped you in this hand at all. There's really nothing you can do in this situation if SB & LP decide to go to war. It looks like they both have a jack (or maybe one has 44 for a boat). I think this is a good fold. You are almost certainly beat, and you are definitely not getting odds to draw.

Schneids
02-10-2004, 10:43 PM
Ignore the river card, you made a fold at the right time.

LivingLegend58
02-10-2004, 11:59 PM
Bad fold, you are the worst player I have ever seen. I feel sorry for your mother.

LivingLegend58
02-11-2004, 12:04 AM
True, I think he is beat but that is hard to lay down.

Webster
02-11-2004, 08:26 AM
Catch - I know how you feel BUT, you blew this one LOL.

WHen this happens you have to suck it up and become a calling station. Tough hand in my view but you gotta stay and NORMALLY it'll cost you BUT, huge pot and only a couple more bets.

Lori
02-11-2004, 08:54 AM
Disclaimer: The weak-tight no-limit player is about to disagree with the majority here.

First off, let me clarify, I'm not folding this flop, by the time I start to wonder if I am beat, my 2-outter starts looking like it has the potential to win a monster pot.

The reason I find this hand interesting is that it starts to fall in the category of special cases.

It is difficult to find two hands (KK and QQ?) where my opponents can give this kind of action on this rather unoffensive looking flop, no straight draw, no flush draw, no nuthin'.

Also, your opponents appear to have decided that AA isn't getting this cheap, you are probably not just calling one bet on the turn, it is very likely you are calling three or four. (If I think it will be one, Im calling to the death)
Seeing the turn gives you an idea of whether these guys are going to calm down, or keep at it, as soon as I see "SB bets" I just don't like this any more.

I don't think calling down would be 'wrong' as such, I just feel that this is one of those instances where feel for the game plays too great a part to rely on what you have been taught.

As long as you realise why you made the fold, and that this read on the players has to be EXTREMELY good. (and it is already helped on it's way by the factors I have described), I think the play as made is fine.

Lori

Trix
02-11-2004, 09:03 AM
Well its pretty obvious that one of these guys, most likely both has a Jack after the flop.
The LMP Coldcall-Cap should say it all, but you have the odds to call that last one plus a gazilion in implied odds.
Good laydown on the turn, you know that you are behind and you dont have the odds to see the river and there is a great chance that it would be more than one bet on the turn.