PDA

View Full Version : Who told you 23s is bad in the BB?

Guido
02-10-2004, 09:07 PM
2/4 at Paradise, full table again. I have T /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif UTG + 1.

I raise, CO poster calls, button cold calls, SB and BB call. Five to the flop for 10SB.

Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets out, BB raises, I 3-bet, CO cold calls, button cold calls, SB calls, BB calls. What's going on here /images/graemlins/grin.gif. Five to the turn for 25SB.

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB bets out, I raise, CO folds, button 3-bets, SB calls, BB caps, I, button and SB call. Four to the river for 28.5BB.

River: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets out, BB raises, I fold, button calls, SB 3-bet, BB caps, button calls, SB calls all-in.

SB shows 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif for the flopped straight.
Button had Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
BB shows 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif and takes down the 39BB pot with a turned full house.

Thanks,

Guido

Clarkmeister
02-10-2004, 09:11 PM
Calling the turn is pretty bad. I mean, do you want them to personally call your house and tell you "I have at least trips"?

Yeknom58
02-10-2004, 09:23 PM
TURN:
BB:I have a hand and I'm going to bet
HERO: I have an overpair and I'm going to raise
Button:At the very least I have a 3 with a good kicker so I'm 3-betting.
SB:I just called 3 cold I'm either a retard or I have a monster.
BB:I have a monster and I'm going to cap.
Hero: I have no idea what these guys could have so I'm going to call with a vulnerable overpair.

Seriously they're yelling that you're beat.

Guido
02-10-2004, 09:37 PM
Hi Clarkmeister and Yeknom58,

I know it was bad /images/graemlins/grin.gif. Just wanted one of my two outs which I didn't get /images/graemlins/mad.gif. I know I didn't have the odds to call the raise but I just started playing at 2/4 and it was too hard to let go.

Thanks,

Guido