PDA

View Full Version : Bunky goes at it with a maniac. (tilt induced)

bunky9590
02-10-2004, 06:44 PM
Here's the thing.......
I was working and playing the Annie Duke 4/8 mini blind table at the same time (I know, bad Idea) Game was relatively typical but had 2 loose cannons in it.

I had 2 hands vs. the villian while not paying full attention and got bluff raised on the turn and he showed them both. (Now I was going to make a stand against this maniac bluff machine) I only get pushed around so long before I have to be the one pushing. (I have to be the bully, I hate getting played back at) So, here's the hand and feel free to rip away. (I deserve it)

Bunky is in MP and villain is in SB, no other players in hand. (Glad I'm not afraid of heads up situations)

Preflop all fold to Bunky in MP, Bunky makes it $6 with K /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, villian in SB calls $5.00 cold (always does) and BB folds. $14.00 in pot

Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Villian bets, Bunky raises, villian calls.

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (no help to anyone)
SB checks, Bunky bets, villian calls

River: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, Bunky checks behind.

Results below:

Villian shows K /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif

Bunky shows the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
and wins the $44.00 pot with Ace High. (after rake)

I left the table after two more orbits because I felt I didn't have good control over this table and people saw the play and I became a good isolation target after that maniacal play I made. So I booked my $32.00 win for the session and left without any more confrontations.

bunky9590
02-10-2004, 10:23 PM
Nobody wants to take a shot at this one?

How bad was it, scale of 1-10.

Schneids
02-10-2004, 10:58 PM
If 1 is good and 10 is bad, I say a 3, only because you missed a value bet on the river /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Maniacs don't slither into check/call mode if they possess a pair. They've either got nothing, or a gigantic huge monster.

In all seriousness, the hand really isn't that bad. It's a HU hand, king-high can be a monster HU.