PDA

View Full Version : Sklansky, small blind, 15-30

sweetzer
02-10-2004, 03:45 PM
In HPFAP, regarding play of the small blind in an unraised pot, Sklansky states "if it costs only one third of a bet to call, every hand should be played." I have always followed this advice, but I think it leaks a bit. Would appreciate other opinions.

Clarkmeister
02-10-2004, 04:02 PM
I recommend doing a search through the Medium Stakes forum. This topic has been discussed extensively.

DcifrThs
02-10-2004, 04:03 PM
Hi sweetzer,

i think that this blind section of the book is a little bit loose as a result of the assumption of expert play from the flop on. i would NEVER complete a sb w/ 86o if it's half a bet (unless there's a whole loottttttta people in that pot). i think only david, mason, ray and other great great players should be playing these hands.

as for 1/3 of a bet i would really only be throwing away total utter trash: 92o, j2o, t2o and you get my point. any ace, any two suited cards, any gappers/connectors/biglittles (above j) are definately playable for 1/3 of a bet in most cases, just take care with those when flop gives you top pair.

although d&m say go ahead and play anytwo in the sb for 1/3 of a bet i still throw away maybe 4% to at most 7-9% of my hands there...and again those hands are garbage!

questions? comments?
-Barron

Coilean
02-10-2004, 04:03 PM
Yeah, try here: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=319660&page=&view=&sb=5&o =&vc=1

Gabe
02-10-2004, 04:06 PM
I believe the reason he suggests playing them all is so that you don’t look too tight. Not all hands can be profitable even at this much of a discount.

sweetzer
02-10-2004, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the link and search info.

daryn
02-10-2004, 04:25 PM
even with a few limpers you can be getting around 9-1 or more on your $5 call.. i don't see how you could really throw any hand away, unless the big blind was super aggro