PDA

View Full Version : lol. check this hand

bicyclekick
02-10-2004, 02:18 PM
pacific 5/10 i'm in the sb (second hand).

Folded all the way to me and I raise the bb with my 88.

he calls.

flop comes 8 9 9 rainbow.

I bet he calls.

turn K

i bet he raises, i 3 bet, he caps.

river - the case 8.

i bet he raises, i 3 bet he caps.

I turn over my quads and he's got k9. Lol.

he cought a 12-1 card and I cought a 48-1 card.

I feel kinda bad for the guy...couldn' have seen that [censored] comin /images/graemlins/wink.gif

LetsRock
02-10-2004, 03:00 PM
I had a simlar hand last night. A little less aggressive throughout most of the hand, but a similarly bad deal for the opponent:

I'm in BB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif6/images/graemlins/club.gif and I get a free ride and the flop comes 3/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/club.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif. I've seen worse flops, but not really expecting to land this pot I check and it checks around.

Turn 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif[3/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/club.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif] OK top pair and flush draw, no action, I bet and get 2 callers.

River:2/images/graemlins/club.gif[8/images/graemlins/heart.gif3/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/club.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif] (OK I was chanting for the 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, but this will have to do!)

I bet, call, raise, I 3-bet, fold, cap. Of course, I knew the other guy had the A/images/graemlins/club.gif but it didn't dawn on me until the middle of the betting that he had a SF as well.

I didn't apologize, but I did recognize his bad luck.

Why can't this happen every day!? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

37offsuit
02-10-2004, 03:05 PM
Hey when you have the low end of the 4 board straight flush, you have to assume someone's gonna have the nuts /images/graemlins/cool.gif

LetsRock
02-10-2004, 05:35 PM
If I have one end of the SF, I just can't be so paranoid to expect that someone else has the other end, especially on these low cards. I am the master of seeing monsters under the bed and even I am not so fearful that I expect a 1/45 beat when I have a A high or straight flush.

It was unfortunate for him that he had the A, because he would have been pumping it even if he didn't have a SF.