PDA

View Full Version : KJs in EP

fryKing
02-10-2004, 01:55 PM
on a bit of a losing run, so trying to post more hands to see if I can find a major leak

Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
fryKing has K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is EP2

fryKing limps, CO limps, Button raises, BB folds, UTG calls, fryKing calls, CO calls

Flop(8 SB): 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG checks, fryKing bets, CO calls, Button raises, UTG folds, fryKing calls, CO calls

Turn(7 BB): 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

fryKing checks, CO bets, Button calls, fryKing calls

River(10 BB): 8/images/graemlins/club.gif

fryKing checks, CO bets, Button raises, fryKing folds, CO 3-bets, Button calls

namknils
02-10-2004, 02:10 PM
Maybe you need to look for a new table. Between this hand and your AQs hand there were 3 and 4 people to the flop. I don't play much 1/2 at party but I would think there might be a looser table?

As for the hand, I think you played it alright. At least that's how I would have but maybe that's not a good thing. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

fryKing
02-10-2004, 02:57 PM
actually the 1/2 is surprisingly tight (for Party micro) - according to my PT 1/2 has an average of 38% (including myself I assume), and this one was right around there. By comparison the .50/1 have an ASF of 48% and I definitely found those games much softer.

Glurfle
02-10-2004, 03:04 PM
I'd prefer to check-raise the flop. Too many players will auto-raise a flop bet following their preflop raise, so you don't really learn anything about his hand by betting the flop. If he doesn't 3-bet you on the flop, I'd bet the turn.

StellarWind
02-10-2004, 04:21 PM
Check-fold the flop! CO flopped the nut straight.

What?! All right, all right, I'll play the flop before I look at what happened on the turn and river. Geez.

Seriously, I'd 3-bet the flop. With two callers this might actually be a value bet. If not, it's still worth it to probe the Button's resolve and put the screws to CO. With this flop it would hardly surprise me to learn that they were *both* drawing against you.

Trix
02-10-2004, 05:58 PM
I would have checkraised the flop.
Party 1/2 really is tighter than most think, probably cuz of the 6Max tables, which makes table selection harder.

Shawsy
02-10-2004, 06:02 PM
The call pre-flop is in line with Lee Jone's recommendations. I have been reading Matthew Hilger's book (though it is clearly aimed at higher limits than micro) and have been revising my strategies a little. Hilger's discussion of starting hand by position includes recommendations like "Raise First In" and if not, Call. With KJs in early position, Hilger suggests just that.
I have not put the new strategy into play yet, but I am going to try it soon.
(Did I convince you guys that my early position raises are always stronger than that? I doubt it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

[Edit]Oops, sorry. I just checked and saw that UTG must have limped too, since they called the raise from CO. Nevermind. /images/graemlins/blush.gif [\Edit]