PDA

View Full Version : Are you and all-in cheat

Piers
02-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Based on a recent experience at totalbet:

You are just coming to the end of your five hours on totalbet, about 10$ up /images/graemlins/smile.gif with all your allins in tact /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. You haven’t managed a pair of twos /images/graemlins/frown.gif, but maybe you will when you move on to ukbetting next

EP in a typical loose Cryptoligic $1/2 game you get
8h8d.
Lose UTG limps, you limp, four others plus the blinds. eight to see the flop for one bet

Kc9d2d.

The small blind starts timing out; you hit the check fold button and move away to raise with AKo.

A littlie while later you are counting the bets in one of your other game, trying to decide whether to stay for a gutshot plus runner-runner flush draw or not, when out of the corner of your eyes you notice that in the first hand the small blind timed out, a loose aggressive player in the Big blind has bet and the UTG player has folded. Your check fold button has come unchecked and you are on the verge of timing out.

You realise that if you react immediately you will probably be in time to fold (or even raise!), if you hesitate for a fraction of a second you will go all in. What is your action?

daryn
02-10-2004, 01:21 PM
someone decipher this please and then i can post a response

Wake up CALL
02-10-2004, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
someone decipher this please and then i can post a response

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Daryn you already posted a response. Do you mean another response or perhaps a relevant response? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LetsRock
02-10-2004, 01:30 PM
Any time you intentionally use the all-in to your advantage it is cheating. It doesn't matter if you planned to do it 45 seconds ago or 5 seconds ago.

Cheating is cheating.

daryn
02-10-2004, 01:47 PM
yes that's what i meant

namknils
02-10-2004, 01:57 PM
Are you trying to rationalize cheating?

fluff
02-10-2004, 02:14 PM
WTF???

pudley4
02-10-2004, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you and all-in cheat

[/ QUOTE ]

The word is "an" /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

daryn
02-10-2004, 02:38 PM
you read that whole post and that was the only problem you saw?

BreakEvenPlayer
02-10-2004, 02:41 PM
What are odds? Where can I find out more about odds? See this woulda never happened to me because WTF are odds?

pudley4
02-10-2004, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you read that whole post and that was the only problem you saw?

[/ QUOTE ]

I read the title and that's all I needed /images/graemlins/wink.gif