PDA

View Full Version : Tourney Refunds From Last Night

Stew
02-10-2004, 12:50 PM
OK, my wife was out of town with my son, so last night was tourney night for me. I played in 3 tournaments on UB, Party and Paradise. All were affected by the problems that occured last night. Paradise stopped the tourney I was in and refunded my buy-in plus a little extra based on stack size at the time of collapse.

UB and Party of course let their tourneys continue. I actually played in three UB tourneys, one I made the Final Table in (that started at 6:00), the other two I didn't even get to play after the first break b/c the site was so laggy and it kept sitting me out and blinding me off. I fired an email to UB, but have yet to hear anything.

The same thing occured in the Party Tourney I was in. When the site went down, it was probably 15 minutes into the tourney, I was able to remain logged on, but didn't hardly play any hands b/c the site was lagging. Finally, it disconnected me. I noticed that I logged back on to Party when it came back up (around 1:00 AM). That tourney was still running with about 120 left, I was out in 654 or somehting like that.

Am I going to get refunded for these? I tried to chat with Party support online last night, but that wasn't happening.

Anyone else play in tourney's last night? How did your efforts go?

LetsRock
02-10-2004, 01:36 PM
I played in a tourney on UB last week and the site crashed (or at least it sure acted like it did) early in the tourney, naturally right at the moment I took a commanding chip lead (I'm not kidding about the timing, the screen froze with my AA showing and the busted player still seated - I think I vroke it /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Anyway, I sent them an Email to find out how I fared and after a few Emails, they told me I was awarded 2nd place money. All I can guess, is that the tourney resumed at some point (I waited for a half hour before going to bed) and just blinded my way into 2nd place. They didn't even acknowledge or appologize for the software problems.

Best of luck.

Puffin
02-10-2004, 01:46 PM
Yea I was on one on Paradise and just went all in as soon as i got connected cause i figured it was my best shot. Not to mention I had Pocket aces. Anyway I lost but still ended up getting my money back. This is one of the many reasons Paradise Dominates!

jedi
02-10-2004, 02:12 PM
I asked for a refund on a Poker Stars SnG. The tournament did conclude (me out of the money) so I don't expect a refund, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

whiskeytown
02-10-2004, 02:16 PM
yah...Pokerstars did that to me...couldn't get in for 30 min, and then the power that be froze the tourney for another 20 or so...

wild...must have been a major network issue -

RB