PDA

View Full Version : You gotta love em

Gahnia radula
02-10-2004, 11:46 AM
UB 25/50 HE

Hand #XXXXXXXXXat Hood River ($.25/$.50 Hold'em)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 10/Feb/04 10:15:58

Barktooth is at seat 0 with $21.05.
tombertrand is at seat 1 with $20.50.
Top Eagle is at seat 2 with $18.50.
djakubowsky is at seat 3 with $21.45.
JohnLex7 is at seat 4 with $33.25.
MRGRECO is at seat 5 with $15.40.
geno_ricardo is at seat 6 with $23.60.
JayyDoggB is at seat 8 with $3.80.
Hero is at seat 9 with $28.45.
The button is at seat 1.

Top Eagle posts the small blind of $.10.
djakubowsky posts the big blind of $.25.

Barktooth: -- --
tombertrand: -- --
Top Eagle: -- --
djakubowsky: -- --
JohnLex7: -- --
MRGRECO: -- --
geno_ricardo: -- --
JayyDoggB: -- --
Hero: Tc Ts

Pre-flop:

JohnLex7 folds.
MRGRECO calls.
geno_ricardo folds.
JayyDoggB folds.
Hero raises to $.50.
Barktooth folds.
tombertrand folds.
Top Eagle calls.
jakubowsky folds.
MRGRECO calls.

Flop (board: Td 7c Th):

Top Eagle checks.
MRGRECO bets $.25.
Hero calls.
Top Eagle folds.

Turn (board: Td 7c Th 6s):

MRGRECO bets $.50.
Hero raises to $1.
MRGRECO re-raises to $1.50.
Hero re-raises to $2.
MRGRECO calls.

River (board: Td 7c Th 6s Jd):

MRGRECO bets $.50.
Hero raises to $1.
MRGRECO calls.

Showdown:

Hero shows Tc Ts.
Hero has Tc Ts Td Th Jd: four tens.
MRGRECO mucks cards.
(MRGRECO has 5d 2d.)

$.40 is raked from a pot of $8.25.

What i dont get is why he called the river /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif he was playing the board

TheRake
02-10-2004, 12:56 PM
I think this is distasteful. what purpose does it serve other than to humiliate this player (whose screen name you posted)?

TheRake

spamuell
02-10-2004, 01:03 PM
I agree with TheRake.

If you want to post these hands to show that people will somtimes call with absolutely nothing, fine, but there's no need to embarass this player, who made a play which didn't work because you happened to flop a monster.

Protect the innocent.

bdk3clash
02-10-2004, 01:22 PM
I pretty much just skip hands that aren't posted in an easy to read format, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. Also, I think it's generally bad form to include opponents' screen names.

Gahnia radula
02-10-2004, 11:56 PM
I think this is distasteful. what purpose does it serve other than to humiliate this player (whose screen name you posted)?

I did not post this in an effort to humilate this player. I posted it to illustrate the poor play at LL.

I posted this at about 3.30 am (my time) and was completely oblivious to the fact that i was posting his screen name, again it was never my intention to embarass this player

Trix
02-11-2004, 07:10 AM
I skip them too, so many others to take from /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Zetack
02-11-2004, 08:26 AM
Hey playing poker online is a public act. You do it in front of nine other players and all observers and simply can't have any expectation that what you do in the game is going to be some kind of secret.

Its one thing to stoop to name calling, describing somebody as an idiot that kind of thing. But to simply lay out the play of the hand?---that's life buddy.

Look if you are capable of being humiliated by your poker play then you shouldn't be playing. I've made mistakes, perhaps horrible ones, but I've never done anything and can't conceive of anything I might do card wise that would be humiliating....mildly embarassing perhaps--but hey, if so I bring it on myself by choosing to make whatever play that is.

Ok, so this guy obviously decided our hero was bluffing, that he wouldn't raise pre-flop with a hand that held a ten in it. He was wrong, and his play didn't work. Big deal. So he shouldn't have called a final bet with a hand that couldn't even beat a pure bluff but ya know what, he probably couldn't stand the thought of not knowing what our Hero had. I wouldn't pay a BB to satisfy my curiosity, but I don't see that there's anything humiliating about doing so.

This is just poker. And this was just a hand posting.

--Zetack

Joe Tall
02-11-2004, 08:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What i dont get is why he called the river he was playing the board

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't even read the board with that post. What happened?

Peace,
Joe Tall

Zetack
02-11-2004, 08:57 AM
Hero had 10-10 flopped quads. Opponent had 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Flop 10, 10, 7, one diamond, giving opponent backdoor flush draw and no straight draw.

Opponent bets flop gets called by hero.

Turn is a blank, opponent now has no flush or straight draws and has two undercards to the entire board.

Opponent bets out, hero raises, opponent 3 bets, hero caps.

River---does it matter? it doesn't pair either of opponents undercards.

Opponent bets out again, gets raised by Hero, and calls with his two undercards to the board.

--Zetack

Joe Tall
02-11-2004, 09:19 AM
Zet,

That wasn't my point. My point was the the HH w/names, etc just sucks to read IMO.

But thanks, bro.

Peace,
Joe Tall