PDA

View Full Version : Party Investigations Team

JDErickson
02-10-2004, 11:26 AM
A couple days ago I encountered a very strange situation at a table that seemed a bit suspicious to me. I contacted party to look into it and this was the reply. I have to say I was impressed.

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Jim,

We have completed our investigations in regards to the players XXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXX.

Our investigation was directed in an effort to investigate into any possible association of the player XXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXX. We began by examining all the hand histories of their games at our site right from the time that they have opened up their accounts at our site.

Our effort was to identify the pattern of play and also check into any possible collusion between them. We have further investigated the players, verifying their accounts, examining their game patterns, and their standing with the site, in an effort to examine any possible association between them.

Our focus was directed in an effort to examine any possible association either by way of hand histories or by way of any linkages between them by way of financial information or other parameters before coming to any manner of a conclusion.

We have looked into all the necessary aspects of their history on our card room and we would like to share with you these important facts that helped us get to a conclusion:

1. The two players are coming from different states.

2.The player's have played only at one card room table 3909 from the day they have created their account at our site.

XXXXXXXX is a very aggressive player and he has a pattern to raise before the flop and we have also verified his game pattern on other tables and found that most of the time he bets or raises.

Now as you surely would agree, any investigation has also to take into account, the whole pattern of both the player's hand histories with each other and also their pattern of game play individually. We had further contrasted their game play individually to check whether the same consistency is followed and we confirmed the same.

3. We have further studied the frequency of their logins and logouts, in order to confirm any pattern that suggests, that they are scheduling their presence at the tables, but no strange coincidences have shown up either.

4.We then proceeded with a check on their accounts in the given below format: -

-We have proceeded to investigate any Inter Account Transfer's from one account to the other

-We then proceeded to check all their IP's to check up whether their IP's come from a different place then the one that they have mentioned on their accounts.

-We have also checked into their profile information to check up for any similarities in either their profile information or their financial information to indicate any kind of association to each other.

-We have checked up their chat logs to see any kind of personal and prolonged contact with each other.

-Our final effort was directed in an effort to check up all the player that were related to these two accounts (references, similar IPıs, players associated with buddy list, inter account transfers, etc) and any association between any accounts common to both, which would also imply a possibility of the association between these two users.

After the above investigations we have come to a conclusion that there was no collusion involved between these two players and nothing to worry about.

Please feel free to contact us if you need any clarifications in regards to this or any other issue.

We thank for being a member of our Party Poker family.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at alerts@partypoker.com and we will be more than glad to assist you.

Best regards,

[/ QUOTE ]

TheGrifter
02-10-2004, 11:38 AM
Cool. Now I know how to make sure I don't get caught when I collude. Thanks! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif