PDA

View Full Version : Too tentitive on the river???

Canada Kelly
02-10-2004, 09:45 AM
here is a hand that I had last night and want to know if I should have played it any differently

I am in the CO seat, dealt AhQd.

UTG limps, folded to me, I raise. Everyone folds, UTG calls

flop is KsQc4d.

UTG checks, I bet, he calls

turn 7h, now he bets into me, I call his bet.

River Qh.

He bets again, I just call.

He turns up JcTc.

Was this a bad play by me not to raise the river, did he show on fourth street that he could have a set???

but what crossed my mind on the river was is it worth getting 3-bet when for one more bet from one more player.

Any suggestions would help

Kelly

Tosh
02-10-2004, 09:55 AM
I raise the river here without question. I probably raise the turn against a lot of LL players too. If everytime someone bets you fear a set or worse you can cal yourself a calling station.

Catch of the Day
02-10-2004, 10:18 AM
In this situation I would've Raised the turn, and then re-assesed a 3-bet. How did that 7 in anyway help him. If he was slowplaying a made set then he would have check-raised the turn rather then bet out. If he hit some weird two pair then again I think a check-raise here would be pretty standard as well. A weak king would check-call ect...

Raise, and see what happens. If he three bets, I would consider letting it go depending on how I viewed him/her as a player. But betting a blank like that doesn't really mean you are in anyway behind.

Yes, raise the river...You have trip Queens heads up against a UTG limper. What hands are you fearing here that beat you? KK, KQ, KX, Q4, 44, Q7, 77??? Is this player likely to limp with any of those hands and if so, not re-raise to a potential pre-flop blind steal.

I would've raised the turn, but since you didnt, I woulda raised the river. You can think about folding after he 3 bets...

And to answer your question, Is it worth it to get three bet for just one more bet from an opponent. If you think your ahead then yes, If it's worth a call in this situation I think its worth a raise. But I would've of done so on the turn as I see no reason for you to have slowed down on such a huge blank as 7H....

-Catch-

Canada Kelly
02-10-2004, 10:34 AM
just to change it up a bit,

he check-raises the turn, do you still raise the river???

bernie
02-10-2004, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Was this a bad play by me not to raise the river, did he show on fourth street that he could have a set???

[/ QUOTE ]

a set? he only made one bet. on single bet on the turn means a hand that strong? is that how you'd play a set? where is this coming from? depending on the player i might just call this turn. id like raising it better since he isnt really representing a King. doesnt mean he couldnt have one, it's just very unlikely.

the river raise is easy. if im 3 bet, ill call and find out what hand he'd play this way. even if i know im beat here, id want to see it out of curiousity.

b

bernie
02-10-2004, 11:06 AM
i wouldnt. unless i knew more about what a turn c/r meant from this player. many would play a set this way. again, especially if he had a K youd likely have heard from him already. a turned 2 pair is unlikely.

b