PDA

View Full Version : Reno

08-29-2002, 09:16 PM
Any news from Reno? I'll be there in mid September. Last visit bad beat jackpot at the Eldorado was over 100K and had the "only" games in town. Is the Hilton Challenge worth playing?

I appreciate any info!

08-30-2002, 03:11 PM
There are good games at the peppermill, atlantis,

circus-circus.

The nugget and the cal-neva are bloated with rocks, but have tables.

I like playing at the Hilton quite a bit.

Are you going to come for the peppermill tourney?

http://www.peppermillreno.com/home/fall02pok.html

..effertime

08-30-2002, 03:29 PM
I was in Reno this past weekend and had a good time. Mostly played at the El Dorado, but also spent a bit of time in the Cal Neva and Circus Circus. The 3-6 O/8 at the Circus Circus was fun, but the daytime games at the Cal Neva are recommended only to geology majors. (Q: What do you say when a player at the Cal Neva puts a bad beat on you? A: "Gneiss hand, sir!")

Hold'em jackpot at the El Dorado is about $17K, the stud jackpot is about $3K. I spent some time in the 3-6 kill game (winning two pots in a row means you have to post $6 and the game is now 6-12) and won rather more than one would expect from a 3-6 game. They spread 3-6 hold'em with a kill, 4-8 hold'em, and 1-4 spread-limit stud. Most evenings at 7:30 PM they spread a no-limit hold'em game with $2 (on the button), $3, and $5 blinds, about which regular player Walt Z. sez: "It's the only game around where tourists come to beat the locals." I was able to beat that game this time, too, bringing my career loss in it down to slightly more than $1K.

The real highlight of the trip, though, was the drive home: We headed south to Topaz Lake on US 395, and headed over Monitor and Ebbetts passes, through the high country and past Alpine Lake, down the other side to Angels Camp and thence home to the Bay Area. Beautiful.

08-30-2002, 03:37 PM
I get in on Sept 18 so will miss the Peppermill event. Have you heard anything about the Hilton Challege that starts on the 19th? Usually I don't like tournaments with unlimited rebuys except the side action can be good. Do you know if the

Eldorado JP has been hit? The action there was incredible during my last visit. THANKS!!!

08-30-2002, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the report. Sounds like someone cashed in for the 100K+ JP at the Eldorado. I have to agree the countryside is breath taking. We always take a side trip to enjoy the views and incredible weather. Thanks Again!!!

08-30-2002, 04:44 PM
Played in Reno last weekend at the Peppermill. The had 40/80, 15/30, 4/8 etc. The 40/80 was a rariety there and was played with $5 chips.