PDA

View Full Version : burn all the bastards down.......

whiskeytown
02-10-2004, 04:09 AM
so I've added like, 5 emails to my autoreply list...

(the autoreply says go to hell...LOL)

last year, I drank a lot....and I hurt a few people inadvertantly...(what can I say...collateral damage..I serioulsy wanted to hurt myself, and they took it upon themselves...) -

in return, they chose to hurt me on purpose... - so I had no problemo with that saying goodbye.......I let it go and said saynora...

but lately they've been emailing me...trying to patch things up, but I figure...once a dickhead...always a dickhead...

and yep...I drank a lot, and I was seriously depressed a lot...but I never took a shot at them...but now they're emailing me like nothing ever happened...

but I figure...some friends are worth losing..n'est ce pas?

RB

bigpooch
02-10-2004, 04:22 AM
Mais oui! Of course, you would have to look at everything
case by case.

dogsballs
02-10-2004, 06:14 AM
Only you can decide whether each individual is worth sorting things out with.

I say, it's always good to give people leeway. If you truly can like them, then why not? You said you hurt them; then they got a bit of their own back. Well, I guess all that tells me is that they're human. We've all been dickheads at some point...haven't we?

S'up to you.

MattHatter
02-10-2004, 09:48 AM
Pick and choose, place value where where you see value.

Unfortunately the negative cycle you describe doesn't seen too healthy, nor bode well for thier frendship. True friends would have had concern and supported you rather than taking shots. Sometime that can be a lot to ask, but it's a true test of friendship.

Regardless, before you continue with these folks you should probably resolve the issues between y'all. So the same feelings don't creep back in... or just move on.

I had to filter out a couple people a few years ago. I'm glad some are gone and glad I chose to keep the ones I did. Mostly.. lol..

Peace
Matt

PS: You may also want to consider.. are they better or worse than you at cards? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Gamblor
02-10-2004, 12:09 PM
Ouais, On doit choisir les amis sensibles, meme si qu'on voulons toujours boire l'alcool.

Ca, c'est la vie.