PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Kerry and Bush

Zeno
02-10-2004, 03:22 AM
I have heard snippets of Kerry's speeches lately. He is cranking up his attack on Bush because he now figures he has his hand in the pants of the democratic babe, feeling the bush, and not just playing with her tits - if you take my meaning - and will soon get his lay. So to speak.

But Kerry has many things going against him. His voice is a medium monotone. It grates, at least to me. His politics is usually uninspiring with no real message, or anything new- just attack the sitting president and drone on about standard issues that everyone has heard again and again since, say the 1950s from every democrat trying to charge the White House. It lacks spark and that necessary ‘something’ that is needed to unseat a sitting president.

Bush fumbles and blunders about and is a bit of a dunderhead but he has a simple appeal, a dumb, honest face, and at least an interesting voice. When Kerry wins the nomination it will be interesting to see what all the backroom boys are going to do to try and bounce Kerry’s image up to the interesting level. He is a boring, long faced, long chinned and dull character. He could lose on those points alone.

Besides, Kerry would be a terrible president – he is a little too smart, too crafty, and way too idealistic for the job, he would be a disaster, and in more than just one or two ways. America, at the present time, needs a president that is basically a simpleton. George Bush fits the bill perfectly. He has my vote and I hope yours too. And I am serious about this. Or, at least as serious as an apolitical misanthrope can be.

Comments welcome.

-Zeno

adios
02-10-2004, 07:26 PM
The presidential campaign promises to be a sham. It will be a dog and pony show from both parties facillitated by the media. Expect no substantive issues or policy to be disscussed and debated at length in the campaign. Think I'm wrong? Just go the web sites of the various candidates and you'll see what I mean (I know I'm preaching to the choir here /images/graemlins/smile.gif). Wait until the presidential "debates" come around for the culmination of this facade called a campaign.

What truly saddens me is the acrimony and divisivness in the US. IMO it will certainly continue if not intensify no matter who wins the election. Perhaps the Republicans will take the high road if they lose (I know the Democrats won't, statesmanship and bipartisanship is an anathema to them) but I doubt it. If the Republicans would take the high road if they lost I'd be tempted to root for a Democratic victory. The Republicans will carry Congress I'm sure and most likely the Presidency. The anger and outrage of the Democrats will be their undoing IMO.

Taxman
02-10-2004, 07:36 PM
I look foward to the debates personally. Say what you will about GW in favor or against, but he is not a very good debator. Currently I'm half tempted to write in another Republican as my vote just to be an ass, but in the end I think I want to act as though my vote matters a little (just to clarify this does not include voting for the incumbent /images/graemlins/tongue.gif).