PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is going on here?

Joe Tall
02-10-2004, 01:57 AM
5/10 Foxwoods tonight. Only 2 10/20 games running and they were full of regular-rocks. The 5/10s looked tasty so I sat back in the Kill game.

This hand is a Kill hand we are playing 10/20.

The $10 Kill blind, and total-fish is UTG and checks his option.

MP and the BB are super-call stations and the Button is a decent player.

I'm next to act and raise.

MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG-Kill-Blind calls. (mmmmmmm, tasty)

Flop: J /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, BB checks, Kill-blind bets, I call, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls. (mmmm, mmmm, tasty)

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Blinds check, UTG-Kill bets, I call, MP calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

River: 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, UTG-bets, I call, MP calls, Button raises, BB folds, UTG calls, I re-raise, MP folds, Button caps, UTG calls and I call.

Results in the morning, good night.

Love, Peace, 2 Superbowls, and Red Sox Season tickets are paid up,
Joe Tall

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
02-10-2004, 02:06 AM
I think kill-boy couldn't get away from his trip jacks, you're sitting on AcQc or AcTc, and button's got KcQc or a slowplayed 99.

JTG51
02-10-2004, 02:20 AM
Joe had better not have AcQc or AcTc a similar hand, he hopefully would have raised the flop with those hands. I think a monster that was looking for overcalls until all hell broke loose on the river is more likely. I'll give Joe quads.

ordnaryjam
02-10-2004, 02:29 AM
Im going to say that Joe has 99 for a flopped boat. Calling stations i play with will rarely fold for one bet, but often enough for two to make going for weak overcalls here a good play. I honestly cant see playing AA, KK, QQ, or Akc, AQc, ATc this way, so what hand is good enough to fire in a raise on the river with all those callers? Must be a monster that he didnt need to protect his hand early on against the draws, or to worry about a jack being out there. I would say that a flush draw, especially a flush draw with over cards deserves a raise here. But after my weekend of playing i am going to say the hero misread his hand of 66 as 99, ended up boating on the river and went home with a nice pot and some dirty draws from all the excitement.

The Dude
02-10-2004, 02:35 AM
Pocket Js. I guarantee.

Joe Tall
02-10-2004, 08:17 AM
JTG and the Dude are right on.

Quad Jacks it is.

Peace,
Joe Tall