PDA

View Full Version : My first 6-bet...6-betting is fun! It tells a neat story too!!

Garland
02-10-2004, 01:55 AM
Hi all,

I finished a seesaw 10 hour session at Lucky Chances $9/$18 with the usual loose customers. In the end I was up $55 and sucked out a lot for the first time that I can remember. That's not to say I didn't get sucked out on, but it's nice to finally get balance! I just have one hand to report on from that session.

I'm on the button and get 3 limpers to me, and I see A/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. I guess this is worth a play /images/graemlins/wink.gif. I not *that* tight. So I complete $6 on the button where I already paid $3. The small blind completes and big blind raises (this customer has an affinity for any K hand and will raise with that and a bunch of other garbage). So we all call. 6 to the flop for 12SB.

Flop comes K/images/graemlins/club.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif. Yeehaw. Everyone checks to the LP who bets. Now it's interesting how every bet, raise, reraise tells a story. So here's how it goes from the prospective of the observers:

LP-Bet. "I got a king. Gonna bet it."
Button-Raise. "I don't care about your king. I don't care about whatever draw you're on. You're gonna pay."

Everyone else folds and gets out of our way to tell our little story.

LP-Reraise. "I don't care about your kicker on your king. I have a Jack!!!"
Button-Reraise. "Wow. I guess you don't have a king OR a draw. You must have a jack too. But I don't care because my kicker is the nuts"
LP-Reraise. "I don't believe you have the jack too"

At this time I pause to take inventory. He mostly won't have KK for he would have raised preflop and probably would slowplay after the flop anyhow. And he'd probably want to slowplay KJ as well. So that leaves QJ or J10 or maybe AJ for a tie. Probably QJ (I hope!).

Button-Reraise (I said with a determined voice and look while neatly filing my new call and reraise chips from the felt to the top piling my chips next to the bets already placed out there "SIX!") "Oh yeah, I have a jack with the nut kicker...and I'm willing to bet you're not going to seven bet."
LP-Call "Ok, I'm a believer now...God I hope I hit my kicker."

Anyhow, the turn and river were blanks, check-called both times, and I show my hand for the obvious winner.

God, that was fun. I hope to get to do that again sometime!

Garland

bad beetz
02-11-2004, 02:33 AM
a useless post, but a damn good one.

raise on the button, get out those pesky blinds. Or at least have them call with a worse hand.

Or maybe you shouldn't raise, [censored], I don't know how to play this game. Good post, though.