PDA

View Full Version : Another hand from today...

symphonic
02-09-2004, 11:39 PM
Live 3/6 Loose Passive.

I have Q9s in the sb, 4 limpers to me, I complete, BB Checks. 6 to the flop.

KQ8r

I Check, Check, Check, Check, Bet(a bet from this guy means he surely has a pair of Kings and I wasn't going to make the same mistake as last time, of raising when I knew I was behind), Fold and back to me. I call with my queens, BB folds, 2 others call the bet. 4 to the turn

Turn: 9 (suit unimportant)

I check, check, check, flop bettor bets, I raise, fold, fold, call.

River: J

I come out betting even though a 10 makes the straight, he calls.

What should I have done different/better?

Results In White: <font color="white">He flips over KJ for the rivered higher two pair. </font>

Check, Check

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
02-10-2004, 01:53 AM
If you know he has a King, fold to his flop bet. You are well behind and drawing to few outs.

Given that you're there on the turn, the rest of the hand is played fine.

Nate tha' Great
02-10-2004, 02:26 AM
What are his limping/raising standards like?

You say that you know he has a King. AK, which you're ahead of, would have raised before the flop ... KQ and K9, which you're behind anyway, would most likely have 3-bet the turn, as would K8. Would he limp in with a K lower than K8? Otherwise, we're left with precisely KJ and KT, both of which you're behind when the J falls on the river.

So betting into him on the river might be wrong. Would I have thought all this through at the time? No way in hell.

symphonic
02-10-2004, 02:36 AM
Yea, i'm starting to think this is quite a leak in my game. I chase too much when I know i'm behind.

DOMIT
02-10-2004, 03:11 AM
I agree that after the flop bet, you should have mucked.
You have to think to yourself (when you know you're behind): "if I get my card, do I want it?"

That 9 puts a straight out there. Anyone calling w/ JT now has the nuts. Checked on the flop, in his position, I'd bet w/ AQ. So now, you get another Q, you're hurting. Perhaps you can't put him on that hand because he would have raised. But like the other poster stated he could have had KJ, KT, and also KQ, where you'd be drawing dead.