PDA

View Full Version : Ever lost with Quads?

joker122
02-09-2004, 11:05 PM
2/4 Party

I pick up 99 UTG, and call. Folded to late position who raises. BB calls, I call.

Flop: K-9-9

I check, LP bets, BB folds, I smooth call. I put LP on AA, KK, or AK. I'm praying for KK though, as this will give me unlimited action.

Turn - K

Well, it must be AK or AA. After all, what are the chances of two quads at the same time? I check, planning to start a raising war, but he checks behind me. How curious...

River - T

I bet out, he raises, 3bet, cap. He turns over KK for the better quads and drags the 25 SB pot. I've never lost with quads. But I actually saved some bets when I checked the turn, and it had to get at him that no money went into the pot on this street. Still, this is no consolation.

symphonic
02-09-2004, 11:23 PM
I'd give anything lose with quads in my B&M game /images/graemlins/smile.gif That'd be a nice fat 20k jackpot.

BugsBunny
02-10-2004, 12:16 AM
No, but I did win a quad over quad hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif Funny thing is it was also K's and 9's.

It was a while ago so I don't remember exactly the way it went down but it was someting like this:

It was Stars 1/2 (first time I played 1/2 as a matter of fact - was just taking a shot)

Hero gets KK
Flop comes K9x
Turn was a K
River is a 9

I don't remember exactly how the betting went. I do know I was slowplaying this one till the river hoping he caught something - but there was some action on the earlier streets. It wasn't capped till the river though - and he couldn't get his raises in fast enough. He left the table right after that. Was a nice size pot for me at the time.

tripdad
02-10-2004, 12:51 AM
never lost, but i also beat quads w/royal flush.

i had AJs, flop was Ks,Qs,10c i don't remember how the betting went, but the turn came 10s. needless to say, turn and river were capped, and my opponent turned over 2 red 10's, shocked i'm sure when party asked if he wanted to show his losing hand. 2/4, it was a right nice pot.

cheers!

FrankLu99
02-10-2004, 05:05 PM
I was at the table.
here is the hand
>Total number of players : 9

>Seat 1: Panther70 ( $182)

>Seat 2: FrankLu ( $85)

>Seat 3: keever66 ( $63)

>Seat 4: PenKitten ( $24)

>Seat 5: Dosbirds ( $153)

>Seat 6:***** ( $85)

>Seat 7: Ncoats01 ( $124.50)

>Seat 8: moononite ( $97)

>Seat 10: J_A_M ( $40)

>keever66 posts small blind (1)

>Dosbirds posts big blind (2)>** Dealing down cards **

>Dealt to FrankLu [ 4d, 4s ]

>****** calls (2)

>Ncoats01 folds.

>moononite folds.

>J_A_M calls (2)

>Panther70 raises (4) to 4

>FrankLu folds.

>keever66 folds.

>Dosbirds calls (2)

>****** calls (2)

>J_A_M calls (2)

>** Dealing Flop ** : [ Kc, 9c, 9h ]

>Dosbirds checks.

>***** checks.

>J_A_M checks.

>Panther70 bets (2)

>Dosbirds folds.

>***** calls (2)

>J_A_M folds.

>** Dealing Turn ** : [ Kh ]

>****** checks.

>Panther70 checks.

>** Dealing River ** : [ Td ]

>***** bets (4)

>Panther70 raises (8) to 8

>***** raises (8) to 12

>Panther70 raises (8) to 16

>***** calls (4)

>** Summary **

>Main Pot: $50.50 | Rake: $2.50

>Board: [ Kc 9c 9h Kh Td ]

>Panther70 balance $210.50, bet $22, collected $50.50,

>net +$28.50 [ Kd Ks ] [ four of a kind, kings --

>Kd,Ks,Kc,Kh,Td ]

>FrankLu balance $85, didn't bet (folded)

>keever66 balance $62, lost $1 (folded)

>PenKitten balance $24, sits out

>Dosbirds balance $149, lost $4 (folded)

>***** balance $63, lost $22 [ 9s 9d ] [ four of a

>kind, nines -- Kc,9s,9d,9c,9h ]

>Ncoats01 balance $124.50, didn't bet (folded)

>moononite balance $97, didn't bet (folded)

>J_A_M balance $36, lost $4 (folded)

Joshua
02-10-2004, 05:25 PM

aces_full
02-10-2004, 05:28 PM
It happened to me twice. First time was in 7-stud. I had rolled up kings. My opponent was a novice player with a split aces. He led out and bet, I raised, he called. We both get blanks on 4th. He bets, I raise, he calls. On 5th, I get my other king, he gets another ace. He bets, I raise, he calls. It went like this on every street. He got his 4th ace on 7th. He bet, I raised, he called. I put him on three aces or a full house, boy was I wrong. At least he was a novice and didn't re-raise me back, otherwise I would have probably lost my shirt on that hand.

The second time was at 2/4 Hold'em. I had QQ the player two seats to my left had KK. I raised pre-flop. He called. The flop was QQK. I had flopped quad queens! I led out and bet and got two callers. A blank fell on the turn and I bet with two callers. The last K fell on the river. I bet, the guy with KK fires off a raise. The other player folds. I re-raise, figuring he was playing Kx and filled in on the river. He re-raise, and I re-raise again. This time he just calls. I turn over my queens, and I nearly fell out of my chair when he turned over KK.

felson
02-10-2004, 07:17 PM
Regarding slowplayed quads, you should check out an article by Tommy Angelo.

http://www.tommyangelo.com/articles/around_robin.htm