PDA

View Full Version : A8s in LP

chim17
02-09-2004, 10:06 PM
Real passive table, not many raising or betting (besides me). Any aces being played and middle pairs calling down. Pretty good table that's been playin well; although bets generally mean they have something. Calling stations to the extreme.

Hero is dealt A /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif in LP.

UTG limps, folded to me, I raise, both blinds and UTG see the flop.

Flop is 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to me, I bet, SB folds, BB and UTG call.

Turn is Q /images/graemlins/club.gif . UTG bets out now. Given my read on the table I just call here.. very rare that I get bet into. Thoughts here?

River is J /images/graemlins/heart.gif Checked to me so I bet.

anatta
02-10-2004, 12:05 AM
This is truly a "bet from nowhere". What the hell did that queen do for him? Maybe he has QQ, but its tough to put him on that hand absent the preflop raise. Maybe he took one off with KQ or something, bad players do this thankfully. Many times your opponent is full of it when he fires into you like this. Often it means they picked up some extra outs like a flush draw, but here??

I raise it up, partly to make the other player pay for his draw, partly because I just don't like the bet from nowhere. If he had a real hand, he'd likely check-raise.

maurile
02-10-2004, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he had a real hand, he'd likely check-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, that was a strange bet. I'd raise, and if he reraises, I'd give him credit for at least queens up, and fold.