PDA

View Full Version : QQ in MP

symphonic
02-09-2004, 08:47 PM
So today was yet another frustrating live day, where I busted out despite the fact I was at a table full of fish. I've come to the conclusion that no matter how much I study and practice the game, I'm just always going to lose, heh. Anyways, to the hand.

EP player - super rock (i've played with this chick many times before, so i know how she plays)
Person behind me - any two cards (although I was not aware of this til after this hand, (was only my 3rd hand at the table)) (3/6 Loose Passive B&M)

Anyways, i'm dealt Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in MP, and 3 limpersto me, I raise it up, and the guy to my left calls, one other LP caller, then the original limpers call.

Flop comes: 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me, and I know it will get check around if I don't bet, so I bet. Everyone calls.

Turn: K /images/graemlins/club.gif

EP rock bets, fold, I raise even though I know she has a King (EDIT: She gets flustered when raised, and can be bought out of pots, this was my logic behind raising). Guy to my left calls, everyone else folds, original better calls.

River: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

Boooyah, spiked my Queen, and surely no one here was playing through all the betting and raising with a backdoor club flush draw, right? RIGHT?

So rock comes out betting again (hmmm), but I raise figuring she hit two pair at best, because she isn't the type to chase a flush. The guy to my left calls, and she calls.

Results in white: <font color="white">I flip up my set of Queens, she shows KJ for a pair of Kings, and the guy to my left shows.....10 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif for the runner piece of crap flush /images/graemlins/frown.gif </font>

bisonbison
02-09-2004, 08:54 PM
When someone calls your preflop QQ raise with T2s, they are handing you their money. When they stay in on the flop requiring runner-runner to win, they are handing you their money.

When you lose a hand and ask them why they are trying to hand you their money, they begin to think you don't want their money.

You are being results oriented. The game sounds good. The variance sounds high. If you can't handle the variance, then the game is not right for you.

symphonic
02-09-2004, 09:00 PM
You are right, I'm just frustrated. I shouldn't post after a losing session because it just ends up a bitch session. Can we ignore my rant and just reply on my play of that hand?

I edited out the ranting and anger. and just so you know, when I asked him why he called, I wasn't berating him or anything. It was more just a joking thing, and we got a good laugh out of it the rest of the night. Also, it didn't stop him from playing alot of hands, as he saw every flop that session (not an exaggeration)

Nottom
02-09-2004, 09:02 PM
Well you did raise the turn when you "knew" you were beat. If you know the person betting has to have a king I think you have a clear fold on the turn.

Other thn that, not much you can do. If people want to chase BD flushes and call pre-flop raises with T2s you shouldn't mind too much.

symphonic
02-09-2004, 09:04 PM
because, i've bought her out of pots before and I thought i'd try to represent a hand better than kings.

unome
02-09-2004, 09:17 PM
This is a situation where you say "nice hand" in your most sincere voice and move on. You'll get the money from that player in the long run.

chesspain
02-09-2004, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: K /images/graemlins/club.gif

EP rock bets, fold, I raise even though I know she has a King (EDIT: She gets flustered when raised, and can be bought out of pots, this was my logic behind raising).

[/ QUOTE ]

Really...I know nuns who aren't tight enough to fold when they've just turned a pair of kings on an otherwise raggedy board. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

symphonic
02-09-2004, 09:28 PM
haha, ok ok, in retrospect it was a really stupid move and I got lucky (but unlucky) on the river. Lets move on to the next mistake I made please /images/graemlins/smile.gif