PDA

View Full Version : Use Side Pot to Freeroll?

theBruiser500
02-09-2004, 05:32 PM
PStars $1-$2 NLHE, I have AJ in LP, there are three limpers, I ($210) raise to $8 (normally I'll limp but this is a loose table and there's a good chance of loose action with worse aces, also, I'm getting bored). Someone right behind me ($90) minraises to $14, all three limpers call, one has me covered, the other two are shortstacks. I call because of the extreme pot odds and implied odds, and will proceed with extreme caution.

Flop comes, 45J, rainbow. The EP player who has me covered bets $2, the other two EP players fold. This EP player has been playing very loose, and also we played heads up for a few minutes where he saw me play very loose and agressive. He probably thinks I'm a maniac.

I raised to $20 which I don't like in retrospect. At the time I was thinking I'd do this for information, but I would have gotten the information anyway and this practically pot commits me. LP guy, raises me all in, but it's just another $45. The EP player calls both our raises and now there is like $210 or $220 in there and I just have to call $45. I'm pretty sure LP has AA KK QQ (although there is a small chance he has AK TT 99, I saw this play with these hands made today at my tables). I'm almost getting good odds to try and draw out.

Also, this is my idea, the EP player could have many different hands now. He could have TT, 99, KJ, QJ, JT, 56, or he could have a set or fours or fives. He's been playing so loose though that I'm pretty sure I have him beat and pretty sure he'll pay me off if I stay in. So my idea is to play the hand, try and draw out on the LP player and fund this by playing a sidepot with the EP player.

Thoughts?

danny

Al_Capone_Junior
02-09-2004, 07:57 PM
I found this post quite entertaining.

However, I think you fudged up by raising preflop. Keep the pot small with such hands. You'll be happier later, as you'll:

A) be able to force your opponents to make larger mistakes, and

B) be able to more easily get away from your hand when you feel you are beat

As it happened I think you were on a bit of a limb, at best.

al

gavrilo
02-09-2004, 09:35 PM
i agree with al here...