PDA

View Full Version : I've got a deuce kicker...that's the problem.

Fianchetto
02-09-2004, 04:36 PM
B&M 6/12 game. Loose.

3 limpers, SB completes and I get a free play in the BB with T2o.
5sb's in the pot

Flop: T T 3 rainbow.
SB checks, I bet out, 1 EP caller, 1 MP caller, the rest fold.
4bb's in the pot

Turn: A.
I bet out, EP calls, MP raises. We both fold and he takes it down without a showdown.
7.5bb's in the pot with rake.

MP is fairly loose, I've seen him show down one bluff on the river when he was heads up, but I don't think he was making a move here, I read him as legitimately having trips. He would play any of the following from MP : 9T, JT, QT, KT, AT, all of which I'm behind. I folded figuring I've got no kicker, but now I'm thinking I made a mistake. When I folded I was thinking I needed to hit one of the remaining 2's in the deck, but I may have had 6 outs to a chopped pot. I was getting about 7.5 to 1 on the call, though I'm sure I would have had to put in another bet to see his hand on the river. Was this a poor fold? and if you do call the turn and a blank hits the river, do you call him down?

mmanne
02-09-2004, 04:46 PM
I think without a doubt that you must call him here. If a complete blank had hit on the turn, then you MIGHT have a reason to fold (I still probably wouldn't, but I can see some reasons for it). However, he could just as easily have an A. Is he the type to play Axs from MP for one bet? I think most B&M 6/12 players are and that's what alot of them would do when they hit their A.

matt

Tyler Durden
02-09-2004, 04:49 PM
There's no way you should not be seeing this hand to the end.
Er, what I mean is, don't fold ever. Get to the showdown when you flop top trips.

Dylan Wade
02-09-2004, 04:59 PM
You could almost re-raise here. You definitely need to see a showdown. The nice thing about the Ace is you have a good draw to chop with another T. But he is most likely raising with a pair of aces. No big deal. Absolutely no reason to fold. It's not no-limit.

biggambler
02-09-2004, 05:10 PM
Even if he has a ten, you may still chop with:
3 Aces
4 Kings
4 Queens
4 Jacks
3 duces

And he may very well not have a ten at all!!!

Clarkmeister
02-09-2004, 05:28 PM
Not much of a problem, really. Its not like he pushed all-in, he raised you one bet. No reason to be super-hand-reading-guy here. Its limit holdem poker. You go to showdown with trips. Period.

tripdad
02-09-2004, 05:49 PM
all he did was check to see if you had the ten. if you re-raise, he would have folded. he had an ace. i don't know what the percentages are, but it has to be high 90's that i am right.

you also could have called, then c/r'ed the river if you are sure he would bet after your check.

cheers!

tripdad
02-09-2004, 05:50 PM
btw, if doyle brunson read this, he may well have a heart attack and keel over right there.

cheers!

CrackerZack
02-09-2004, 06:00 PM
Holy crap. Is this serious? First of all, C/R the turn. Since you didn't 3-bet the turn. If its capped, be worried, maybe.

Fianchetto
02-09-2004, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the responses!

You have confirmed what I was starting to suspect after thinking about this hand: I set a new precedence in weak tight play.