PDA

View Full Version : AA vs. a preflop 3-bet

bdk3clash
02-09-2004, 04:22 PM
EP2 appears to be tight and aggressive--a pretty solid player. No real read on the BB other than loose-passive.

Comments on each street? Results later.

Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
bdk3clash has A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif and is EP1

bdk3clash raises, EP2 3-bets, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, bdk3clash caps, EP2 calls, BB calls

Flop(13 1/2 SB): T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, bdk3clash bets, EP2 raises, BB calls, bdk3clash 3-bets, EP2 calls, BB calls

Turn(11 1/4 BB): 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, bdk3clash bets, EP2 raises, BB calls, bdk3clash calls

River(17 1/4 BB): 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, bdk3clash checks, EP2 bets, BB calls, bdk3clash calls

Nottom
02-09-2004, 05:10 PM
I think you played this one fine. No real reason to get tricky with the BB hanging around prolly drawing pretty slim.

I have a feeling you lost this one to TT or QQ though.

bdk3clash
02-09-2004, 05:19 PM
EP2 had KK, BB had AQ, and MHIG.

Louie Landale
02-10-2004, 02:19 PM
First, answer this: with which hands would you truly 4-bet in this situation? AA, KK, QQ, JJ, but what about AK? AQ? Think about that for a second...

Second, lets trade places with EP2. Solid Raises, you 3-bet (wait, are you going to 3-bet with AQ against an early solid's 2-bet?), loose BB calls, solid 4-bets. Flop is QT8 2-flush. Solid bets ...

Solid is unlikely to have 4-bet with AQ since he's not 2-betting with many hands WORSE than AQ and he got 3-bet by another solid. When he 4-bet its VERY likely a big pair although there is some small chance he's screwing around with 77 or 98s.

Now even with a big hand like KK, how many hands weilded by Solid can you actually beat? Yes, you pretty much have to raise with KK to drive out the BB, but you don't like it ..err.. shouldn't like it.

Third, change back to EP1. The above is what the solid in EP2 is supposed to be thinking, and that's what YOU are supposed to be thinking that HE is thinking. He's got to be quite assertive AND feel you may lay do AA before his aggression is rewarded.

I'd have layed this one down for the turn raise; unless the BB is a brain dead type and EP2 is particularly assertive. But I would have gone into check-and-call-and-show-it-down mode on the turn, since you are up against aggression AND the likely draws got there.

- Louie