PDA

View Full Version : Playing in Loose Games

Ichabod
02-09-2004, 04:04 PM
Somewhat new to the game (playing for a couple of months). I play both at Partypoker and Pacific, and the occational home tournament..etc., but running into trouble when playing very loose players.

Again, I'm new and still learning, but I try to play by Sklansky's chart of the 8 groups, but are there certain hands that you loosen up on specifically, or simply loosen up a little everywhere?

For example, it seems that people seem to play every ace, no matter what it's paired with, are these guys new players or are they people who know what they're doing and are actually playing an adjusted strategy in these loose games?

Do small pairs go up in value? small suited connectors?

Or, is it not that specific, but generally lowering everything by another tier on Sklansky's chart?

Are there other things that you do aside from simply playing a little looser?

Thanks.

Redhot_man
02-09-2004, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Somewhat new to the game (playing for a couple of months). I play both at Partypoker and Pacific, and the occational home tournament..etc., but running into trouble when playing very loose players.

Again, I'm new and still learning, but I try to play by Sklansky's chart of the 8 groups, but are there certain hands that you loosen up on specifically, or simply loosen up a little everywhere?

For example, it seems that people seem to play every ace, no matter what it's paired with, are these guys new players or are they people who know what they're doing and are actually playing an adjusted strategy in these loose games?

Do small pairs go up in value? small suited connectors?

Or, is it not that specific, but generally lowering everything by another tier on Sklansky's chart?

Are there other things that you do aside from simply playing a little looser?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
There isnt a game at party where i will not play any pair from any position in an unraised pot.

Suited goes up, pairs go up, big unsuited go down.

MaxPower
02-09-2004, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing any ace is not a good strategy in any full game. Don't assume that people know what they are doing just because they have been playing longer than you or they look like they are winning.

ResidentParanoid
02-10-2004, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For example, it seems that people seem to play every ace, no matter what it's paired with

[/ QUOTE ]

Make money from these guys by throwing away your Ax preflop. Make money from these guys by betting all the way when your AJ hits an ace on the flop and they call you the whole way. Make money from these guys by being smart enough to toss a hand like A2s when it hits the ace on the flop and one of these guys bets into you. Make even more money when A2s hits the flush draw on the flop and there are 3 or 4 (or more) callers on the flop and turn and you make sure they all spend at least one bet.