PDA

View Full Version : How do you find the best table online?

Vee Quiva
02-09-2004, 03:29 PM
I recently read Killer Online Poker and it is strongly suggested to keep good notes and try to find the players you have identified as weak and play at their tables. It sounds good in theory except when I log on to Party Poker, there is usually 35,000+ online. It could take hours to find one or two fish that I have tagged. I have Poker tracker and am starting to build up a good book on my opponets. I would like to take advantage of it. Has anyone come up with a better way?

Redhot_man
02-09-2004, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I recently read Killer Online Poker and it is strongly suggested to keep good notes and try to find the players you have identified as weak and play at their tables. It sounds good in theory except when I log on to Party Poker, there is usually 35,000+ online. It could take hours to find one or two fish that I have tagged. I have Poker tracker and am starting to build up a good book on my opponets. I would like to take advantage of it. Has anyone come up with a better way?

[/ QUOTE ]
No. Al tables are gonna be good, usually. If there is a maniac, chacnes are the aiting list is 50 players deep. I woudlnt waste too much time searching for "the best game"...
(All this assumes we are talking low limit)

Bob T.
02-09-2004, 04:14 PM
With so many players, it is hard to find the best table. Most LL tables are pretty good. Just keep trying out tables until you find one you like. Remember, it isn't just about getting weak players on your table, you also want them in a position where you can take advantage of them.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

bisonbison
02-09-2004, 04:31 PM
I follow Malmuth's advice: I look for medium sized pots. I much prefer loose-passive to loose-aggressive and medium-sized pots seem to find me these tables pretty quickly.

scotnt73
02-09-2004, 04:34 PM
i have pretty good luck just picking the tables with the largest last few pots. doesnt always read true but its close. of course i prefer tables with alot of action so i can get paid well when i catch my hands.