PDA

View Full Version : 888 flop vs. call stations

gonores
02-09-2004, 02:19 PM
10/20 Party

A little background on my opponent. When I sat down, he had just $61 dollars. Since then, he has run his buy-in up to about $600. That is not odd in and of itself, but what is odd is that although he played 80% of his hands, he has only shown one sign of aggression, which was a river bet after he check-called the flop and the turn with flopped trips that filled up on the turn. Basically, he has been hitting great hands and letting 2nd best hands bet the entire hand for him. Another example: He open-limps in the CO and I isolate him with K9o from the button. Flop came K95 with two spades, and the third spade came on the turn. He check-called my bets on each street and showed down 3s6s for the winner. I rarely try to think about what these players are thinking, but I just have to think that this guy is at home, laughing at all the idiots who continually bet into him with "just" top pair. Of course, with my great position relative to this guy, he has damaged my stack the most, so he must think less of me than anyone else. I'm already stuck a rack of red since I sat down here, but I'm feeling pretty good and the game is too good to leave.

Anywho, here's the hand

Call-station open-limps from the cutoff, I iso-raise with A9o, blinds comply with my request for isolation and CO calls.

Flop: 8 8 8

CO bets

OK, give me your gameplan for the rest of the hand. I won't post results, because they just don't matter.

sweetjazz
02-09-2004, 03:10 PM
If your read is right, then this is an easy fold. He either has an 8 or more likely he has a small pair (maybe even a big pair) and is value-betting his full house. Has he check-folded (or check-called down with nothing) enough for you to feel confident that he doesn't bluff? If so, then I think you can feel comfortable making a laydown.