PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Aces

Sam T.
02-09-2004, 11:17 AM
.5/1 Party. Just sat down, so no reads.

Hero is in MP3. Comments on my play appreciated. Any guesses as to MP2’s pocket cards? Results to follow.

Dealt to HERO A /images/graemlins/club.gif, A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG+1 calls
MP1 folds.
MP2 raises
HERO reraises
CO folds.
Button calls.
SB folds.
BB calls
UTG+1 folds.
MP2 Caps
HERO calls
Button calls
BB calls

Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif, Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks.
MP2 bets
HERO raises
Button calls
BB calls
MP2 calls

Dealing Turn: 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks.
MP2 bets
HERO raises
Button folds.
BB folds.
MP2 reraises
HERO calls

River: 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

MP2 bets
HERO calls

CountDuckula
02-09-2004, 11:24 AM
I don't see anything I'd do differently in your shoes (granted, I'm still a bit of a newbie, so take that with a grain of salt). My first guess is, he might have had K /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif, but given that this is Party .5/1, I could believe he had any 2 clubs or 86o, or even 63o. Or maybe a pocket pair that matched one of the board cards for the boat or 4 of a kind?

-Mike

Trix
02-09-2004, 11:31 AM
I think you played it well.
He had QQ.

Sam T.
02-09-2004, 01:05 PM
MP2 capped the betting PF with 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. He then bet out with a flush draw (five kicker, obviously), and wandered into a set-turned-boat on the turn and river. He spent the next 45 minutes giving away his chips at a remarkable rate.

Trix
02-09-2004, 01:15 PM
Well, the good thing is that in the long run its guys like him, you get your money from and you lost the minimun when he hit his 22 outer.

ike
02-09-2004, 01:18 PM