PDA

View Full Version : Sea food in Vegas?

Fitz
02-09-2004, 10:40 AM
I've got some friends heading for Vegas this weekend, and they are looking for the best seafood. Where are the places to hit?

Thanks,

Fitz

daryn
02-09-2004, 11:44 AM
i have not eaten here but i heard Aqua at bellagio was primo

Analyst
02-09-2004, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's anything like Aqua in San Francisco, you'd be hard pressed to find anything better.

Zele
02-09-2004, 05:27 PM
If you're into sushi, I love Makino. Best deal I've ever seen.

DanS
02-09-2004, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's anything like Aqua in San Francisco, you'd be hard pressed to find anything better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an interesting addendum... my roommate, who is a chef/caterer, told me this in not so many words:

Aqua in LV isn't as good as SF by any stretch of the imagination. Though the chef/owner certainly wants his brand to have a good reputation, Vegas locations of good/popular restaurants can pale in comparison. Don't take that as the gospel; justfor what it's worth.

Dan

andyfox
02-09-2004, 09:57 PM
There's also an Aqua at a posh resort here in So. Calif. that isn't very good. Aqua in San Francisco was great when I was there.

Duke
02-09-2004, 11:07 PM
I'll have to say Aqua.

I see that people are saying that it's not as good as SF, but it was indeed the best seafood I have ever eaten. I have not eaten at the Aqua in SF.

~D

Wake up CALL
02-10-2004, 12:40 PM
Eat at The Rosewood Cafe across from Treasure Island. By far the best I've had inland. If your friends like lobster they sell it by the pound and even have lobsters that will cover your entire table (family style). Great service and a convenient location right on the strip.

Wake

Analyst
02-10-2004, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I have an interesting addendum... my roommate, who is a chef/caterer, told me this in not so many words:

Aqua in LV isn't as good as SF by any stretch of the imagination. Though the chef/owner certainly wants his brand to have a good reputation, Vegas locations of good/popular restaurants can pale in comparison. Don't take that as the gospel; justfor what it's worth.

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have to say that the Commander's Palace in LV comes pretty close to the New Orleans original. Maybe a tad short, yes, but still worth repeat business.

Clarkmeister
02-10-2004, 02:00 PM
I'd be remiss if I didn't offer a caveat here. Locally the Rosewood Grille has a horrible reputation for esssentially ripping off customers. And I'm not simply talking about their overpriced menu.

Personally, I've eaten there once and thought it was OK, but not worth the price. Honestly, as good as Vegas is for Steakhouses, I've been underwhelmed by the Vegas seafood restaurants.

Bill Murphy
02-10-2004, 09:49 PM
I /images/graemlins/heart.gif it. /images/graemlins/cool.gif