PDA

View Full Version : Hand 5 - AKo, Too passive Imo

Trix
02-09-2004, 10:32 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
Hero has K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is Button

UTG limps, MP2 limps, MP3 limps, CO limps, Hero raises, SB calls, BB 3-bets, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls

Flop(18 SB): 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, BB bets, UTG folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero raises, SB calls, BB 3-bets, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB calls

Turn(16.5 BB): 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, BB bets, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB calls

River(20.5 BB): 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, BB bets, MP3 folds, Hero calls, SB folds

Results and comments later.

Shawsy
02-09-2004, 02:08 PM
Preflop - why not cap the betting? You are about even money against anything except AA or KK.
Flop - TPTK definitely cap the betting. Probably best hand right now, but vulnerable.
At these limits at Party, you may not get this into a heads-up situation, but why not try? You would at least charge anyone on the str8 draws, if not chase them entirely. Flush draws would be tough to call with, since they could not be drawing to the nut flush with the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif in your hand.
Turn - the 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif would have helped someone on a gutshot str8 draw, but they should not have been hanging around. Maybe somebody was playing 98 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, but if the betting was capped preflop, they should have been long gone. I still like being aggressive on the turn though, I would raise. Maybe then SB bails from his flush draw, and MP3 might bail too when BB reraises you.
River - SB and MP3 missed their draws and finally bailed. Just you and the BB. If he shows you AA or KK you're out of luck. Maybe you split the pot with him when he shows you AK as well. Or you take it down when he shows KQ red.

I agree that you were too passive preflop and on the flop. I like capping from the button with AA-QQ, and AKs or AKo. Maybe with some other hands (JJ) too.

So - what did BB have??

Shawsy

JDErickson
02-09-2004, 02:15 PM
I think I would have capped Preflop. After that I probably would have played the same way you did.

Jim

me454555
02-09-2004, 02:23 PM
Id raise the turn here. You probobly have a flush draw or 2 you can charge and you'll probobly get hit for a bet on the river by BB which you'll call anyway. You can probobly pick up an extra bet or 2 from the 2 caller on the turn that you can't get on the river. If your 3 bet you can be pretty sure your tptk is beat. If they just call the turn, you can probobly get a free showdown or you can bet for value if you feel you're ahead.

By raising the turn you'll pick up a few extra bets if the flush doesn't hit and you'll pay the same amount to see a showdown.

ike
02-09-2004, 02:27 PM
I'm not sure I agree about the preflop cap. With this many players in for 3 bets your opponents likely hold many of your outs and someone with a pair looks to be in much better shape than any of the big ace hands. Also, when the nonmaniacs 3 bet online they're usually not f'ing around. AKs or QQ are often as lows as they go. There are of course nearly as many players who will cap with Axs or KQo, or worse. If he's one of these I like the cap. If he's standard/passive I like the call. Cap the flop. Once you've pushed out the draws feel free to check call this guy, he's not going anywhere and one of you (very hard to tell who) is drawing very thin so theres no reason to want to put in a lot of bets heads up. But for god's sake if you've got tptk on a board like that, CHARGE THE FLUSH DRAWS.

ike
02-09-2004, 02:28 PM
I'm not sure I agree about the preflop cap. With this many players in for 3 bets your opponents likely hold many of your outs and someone with a pair looks to be in much better shape than any of the big ace hands. Also, when the nonmaniacs 3 bet online they're usually not f'ing around. AKs or QQ are often as lows as they go. There are of course nearly as many players who will cap with Axs or KQo, or worse. If he's one of these I like the cap. If he's standard/passive I like the call. Cap the flop. Once you've pushed out the draws feel free to check call this guy, he's not going anywhere and one of you (very hard to tell who) is drawing very thin so theres no reason to want to put in a lot of bets heads up. But for god's sake if you've got tptk on a board like that, try to make it hard for the draws to call.

Trix
02-10-2004, 06:48 PM
BB had Red kings.
I think I was wrong giving the guy credit for AA-KK as fast as I did even though I was right.
After the flop there is 3 ways he can hold AA and 1 way he can hold KK but 6 ways he can hold AK, meaning that its 6:4 against him holding AA or KK. I dont see other hands he would play that way.
So I feel that I maybe should have raised on the turn.
Makes sense ?
-Trix