PDA

View Full Version : Did I give too much action here? 99 hand

Acesover8s
02-09-2004, 05:05 AM
I play more big-bet poker than limit, and when I used to play limit it was usually in a tight-tough 10-20 game. So, I am having a lot of trouble adjusting to loose-passive online low limit games. That being said. . .

3-6 game online. 1 weak limper and I raise with 99. I get one caller behind me, SB comes in and so does limper.

Flop comes 458 with two clubs. I bet, LP raises, SB 3-bets, and I cap. LP folds and SB calls.

Turn is a J. He checks and calls my bet.

River is a brick of whatever. He checks, I think about value betting and wuss out.

Results in white. . .

<font color="white"> He shows QQ and takes it down. </font>

Catch of the Day
02-09-2004, 05:28 AM
I think you played fine here. I woulda no way put him on QQ or really no over pair. With no PF raise you have to assume your ahead. The 3 bet on the flop could mean he is pumping a flush, maybe a made straight, but I would cap and bet the turn regardless. The call by him on the turn is retarded, I dont know what he was thinking??? Fearing JJ maybe??? Check call check raise on the turn then river??? But the flop was capped?...I think you saved bets here by betting the turn and then checking through. Not only did he not raise the turn, he gave you a chance to check-through on the river, he was probably going for a checkraise, or fearing the like I said earlier the JJ....

But thats just my two cents...

joker122
02-09-2004, 05:51 AM
My guess is he put you on AA, as your pf raise and capping the flop might suggest.