PDA

View Full Version : When would you have let go?

ddubois
02-09-2004, 03:20 AM
Party .50/$1. At first I just shrugged and figured there were some maniacs, but I quickly realized I was in serious trouble. It's pretty clear I screwed up bad. I'm just not sure how bad, since hindsight is 20/20. When would you have let it go?

Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
Hero has Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif and is SB

EP1 limps, MP2 limps, MP3 raises, Button calls, Hero calls, BB 3-bets, EP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Button calls, Hero calls

Flop(16 SB): 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets, BB raises, EP1 folds, MP3 calls, Button 3-bets, Hero calls, BB calls, MP3 calls

Turn(22 BB): 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero bets, BB raises, MP3 calls, Button calls, Hero calls

River(30 BB): 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero checks, BB checks, MP3 bets, Button raises, Hero calls, BB calls, MP3 3-bets, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls

WillMagic
02-09-2004, 03:33 AM
Uggh... this is a textbook example of why the small blind sucks.

But, I think calling 1.5 cold is probably the right move. Folding doesn't seem right, as you have a very reasonable shot of being ahead against an MP raiser, but three-betting out of position doesn't do anything except sweeten the pot for draws against your AQo.

But, when the BB three-bets...it's time to get really worried.

I like your play to bet out on the flop. But when the BB raises and MP3 makes it three, it's time to leave.

Will

thirddan
02-09-2004, 03:38 AM
you are showing a lot of strength by betting into two preflop raisers, so most likely they will put you on Q's, but neither of them seem to care, so when its two more bets to you on the flop I would probably be done...

TBone
02-09-2004, 03:45 AM
I'd let it go once it gets back to me on the flop.

T

ScottTheFish
02-09-2004, 05:18 PM
I think the semi-cold call preflop is Ok, I do this with AQ sometimes.

On the flop, betting out is good. Gets you information. The information you got is that at least one of them can beat TPTK. Easy fold, IMO.

And betting into a raiser and a 3-better on the turn without improving is not good. They are screaming at you the whole time you are beat. Don't fall in love with TPTK when people are betting like crazy.