PDA

View Full Version : Trapping myself with trash from the BB

Brian
02-09-2004, 02:34 AM
Party 3/6. Table lineup is constantly changing, but I do have a few reads. I am dealt 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the BB. UTG and EP unknowns limp, MP raises, maniac Button cold-calls, SB folds, I call. Limpers call. 5 to the Flop for 10sb.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

All check to MP who bets. Button calls, I call, UTG calls, EP folds. 4 to the Turn for 14sb (7bb).

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

All check to MP who bets. Button folds, I raise. UTG folds, MP re-raises. I call.

River: T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, he bets, I call. Results later.

-Brian

Clarkmeister
02-09-2004, 02:38 AM
Online I can't fathom not capping the turn.

slavic
02-09-2004, 02:43 AM
If you lost I'd lose more money. I push the turn and maybe slow down when raised on the river.

The hand looks good preflop and flop. No way I lay down in either position and if the turn isn't a dream card what is?

TBone
02-09-2004, 03:02 AM
playing 53s from the BB when having to call a non-steal raise is feasible?

I typically fold this to raises unless it's a super family pot. Just wondering if this is actually a +EV situation?

T

BugsBunny
02-09-2004, 03:12 AM
7 to 1, probable 9 to 1.
Possible str, possible flush (baby, but they still win more often then not), possible str8 flush = possible monster
call - you have multiple ways to win. It's probably about as low as you can go in terms of a calling hand in this type of situation though.

Bob T.
02-09-2004, 03:27 AM
I pretty much agree with slavic here.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

slavic
02-09-2004, 04:26 AM
yes it's profitable, mainly for the flush and the straight. The implide odds aren't as great because you calling a raise not completing it from the SB for a 1/2 bet but it showas a profit none the less.

It also changes your image quite a bit if you table 53s for a winner. Trust me when you table 46c for a $1000 pot people tend to look at you funny.

Brian
02-09-2004, 04:43 AM
He had AA. Maybe I should have lost more money on this hand, but since I didn't have any reads on this guy, I didn't think he'd 3-bet a check-raise without AA.

-Brian