PDA

View Full Version : Party 2/4 88 Hand

Piiop
02-09-2004, 01:44 AM
Party $2/4. Currently 7-handed. The table is nothing special. Most are rather WT.

I'm the CO with 88.

UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, MP raises, I cold-call, button folds, Sb folds, BB folds, and the rest call.

Flop (9.5 SB): J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP bets, I call, fold, call

Turn (6 BB): 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG checks, MP bets, I raise, UTG folds, MP calls

River (10BB): 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

check, I bet, MP calls

I win.

I rarely cold-call but I knew the limpers would call and I liked the multiway pot that was developing. Also, it would be easy to get away from this hand against a scary board. Plus I thought there was a good chance of the button folding.

So the flop comes perfectly uncoordinated but I'm wondering if I missed bets somewhere. My main question is with the turn raise. Would anyone go for the overcall on the turn then a river raise? I wasn't sure what hand UTG had so I couldn't count on him to call the turn bet anyway. However, I was confident that MP would call it down. Turns out MP had TT.

Anyone play this differently?

Allan
02-09-2004, 03:05 AM
Preflop: I don't like the preflop call. I don't think there are enough players to make me wanna play yet. More importantly, your relative position to the PFR puts you in a spot that makes it hard to trap people in for a lot of bets. You mention that you thought the button might fold. How does gaining the button help you play your hand........it doesn't? You should'nt mind him being in to give you a better head start in trying to recover your preflop call that is probably gonna be short in comparison to the times you flop your set.

Flop you shoud raise. You think this flop is uncoordinated? this fits a few of weak opponent EP limping hands how about T9? or QT or 9 Gutshots have an easy call with the pot odds you lay for them. You are giving them a great profitable chance to outdraw you.

Allan