PDA

View Full Version : standard or stupid?

tpir90036
02-08-2004, 11:37 PM
good 5/10 game at the taj saturday night. my opponent in this hand has some concept of decent play but is still a little too loose.

there are 3 limpers, i complete in the SB with 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and my opponent raises out of the BB. his raising standards are by no means standard.... everyone calls.

5 to the flop: T /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

i check, the BB bets and all 3 limpers fold. i had no intentions of check-raising when the flop came down but i decide to now as there is no reason to give him credit for a T or even a pair. he looks at me funny and just calls.

i bet the turn and the river since they both ragged off and he just called both streets. he scoffed when i turned my hand over making some comment about his being ahead before the flop as he flashes A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

i would not make this play very often but i kind of liked the way it worked out. comments??

Mike Gallo
02-08-2004, 11:43 PM
Well played on all streets.

I especially liked your decision to check raise. Excellent spot for it.

Against an opponent who will overplay his hands, I love the play.

In his eyes he has AK suited and he should always win.

This same player does not throw away AA even though the player knows he has the losing hand.

I used to love to play against these players at the Taj.

Nate tha' Great
02-08-2004, 11:45 PM
I would have bet out on the flop and hope that he raises so that you can get it heads up.

Good read and react play, though, after the limpers have already gotten out of your way to make the hand heads up for you.

bdk3clash
02-08-2004, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This same player does not throw away AA even though the player knows he has the losing hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I resemble that remark!

Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
bdk3clash has A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif and is CO

EP1 raises, MP3 calls, bdk3clash 3-bets, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, EP1 calls, MP3 calls

Flop(16 SB): K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, EP1 checks, MP3 checks, bdk3clash bets, Button raises, SB folds, EP1 folds, MP3 folds, bdk3clash 3-bets, Button caps, bdk3clash calls

Turn(12 BB): 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

bdk3clash checks, Button bets, bdk3clash calls

River(14 BB): 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif

bdk3clash checks, Button bets, bdk3clash calls

Results in white:
<font color="white">Of course, button had KQo for two pair, and HHIG. I actually said it out loud before he showed it down.</font>

Mike Gallo
02-09-2004, 12:08 AM
<font color="black"> I actually said it out loud before he showed it down. </font>

In that spot I think you have to call in case he has AK or AQ. You feel beat yet you should call.